*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Does "good store" mean = cheap price? Hum...

The model is quite recent so you obviously won't find it brand-new at a price way below the MSRP...

It's at €2250 on this serious and famous French website https://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00229989.html
    They ship to Belgium. Note that it would be a French AZERTY keyboard, not a Belgian AZERTY one.

Did anybody notice some micro-stuttering on Youtube videos with Firefox?
    - Each stuttering is during a few milliseconds only and repeating several times in a video.

For example in the video above the 1st one usually occurs at around 00:08, the second one at 00:15 and so on...
    - It's not a FPS drop. If you look at Youtube stats for nerds, there isn't a single dropped frame
    - It doesn't depend on the resolution or framerate. The same with 480p30 or 1080p60
    - It doesn't occur in other browsers like Internet Explorer
    - It does also occur with a fresh Firefox install
    - It doesn't occur when forcing using the GTX1060 in Firefox so it looks like it's related to the Intel IGP
    - All drivers up to date and it already occured in previous drivers

Sum up: Firefox + Intel IGP + Youtube = micro-stuttering on my unit

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  2. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    OK Friends I need some help. I'm trying to install and EVO 960 into my Aero 15 and I'm running into a problem. When I have the EVO installed by itself everything is good. However, when I put the LiteOn mSATA SSD back in to format so I can use it for bulk storage the computer rolls right bast the EVO and boots from the mSATA drive even when I have the EVO selected as the primary boot drive and the secondary drive disabled. Also when it boots from the mSATA drive the EVO doesn't show up in the "This PC" folder but it does show up in Device Manager and all the Samsung software sees the drive as well.

Here's how I had the BIOS setup when both were installed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, here's what it looks like when I boot with that setup. Both drives are in the computer here...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    - Do you have BIOS FB09/F007 installed?
    - Did you try to switch the SSD physically? I guess it shouldn't make a difference but just to be sure. I put the EVO 960 into the primary slot and moved the original SSD (on my unit the Transcend, not the LiteON) to the free secondary slot.
    - Maybe Windows is confused by seeing 2 bootable system partitions? Well, here again it shouldn't be an issue normally. Before formatting the original Transcend SSD to use it as a "Documents" drive, I first started the PC with 2 system SSD too...

4. BringTheRain403

BringTheRain403 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello,

The BIOS version is FB09/F007.

I tried swapping the slots the drives were in with the same results.

I'm thinking is a wrong setting in the BIOS. Maybe the drives are using the same lanes and it's getting confused?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

5. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey Divv,

I'm from South Africa and I bought my unit 3 weeks ago. I think I bought the last black unit from Rectron (sorry :D) The black is R1000 more than the other colours. Don't worry about how the resellers list the specs because they all list it wrong, they say it has a HDD but the laptop only takes m.2 drives. The specs are as per what's listed on the gigabyte website. Only the configuration will differ in whether you get 1x16GB ram / 2x8GB ram or 1x512GB SSD / 2x256GB SSD and the brands of ram and SDD, and it's just the luck of the draw really unless you buy from Evetech which I think they open the units and reconfigure as to what you ordered. When I picked up my unit it came sealed in an international shipping box with the backpack and mouse in it so that's how you know the reseller hasn't opened it. I actually wanted the black backpack but ended up with a light grey one :( You can read my review here Let us know how your purchase goes! :)

6. divv

divv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ frostware fx.. thanks for the info - very helpful. I recall reading a review where the green option was supposed to be more expensive.. I'm not sure why the black should be but I have witnessed this in my local searches.

Lets HOPE there is at least one more black version in the country.. the supplier claims they have access.. and I would really prefer NOT to go with the orange.
    I have asked for them to specify the RAM/SSD config (with the holiday on Monday I will have to wait until Tuesday for an answer..)
    As per your review, the single stick of RAM would make for easier upgrading.. although re the SSD vs two SSD's I'd be tempted to immediately take one out and sell it to pay towards an upgrade.. maybe I would succeed or maybe it would just sit on the shelf...
    Oh well, I've spent a week getting to the point where I think this is the machine for me.. another few days won't kill me and either option would work..

Thanks again!

7. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello,

I have purchased an Aero 15 through GenTech, after reading through this thread I am hoping that mine is relatively problem free based on the stories about GenTechs CS.
    I was wondering if people think its worth getting an external 144hz monitor for gaming at either 1080p or 1440p. I understand that the 1060 might struggle to push anything very high on a 1440p display but with the possibility of a eGPU in the future it might be worth getting one?

Thanks

8. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I've played some games on my 1080p 144, and it's been great. SW Battlefront on max was beautiful.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

9. Kiwikunnt

Kiwikunnt Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Do you think 1440p would be too much though?

10. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I don't think so, I was able to get Overwatch running at 1440p with high framerates (~110 fps) with Ultra-ish settings,