*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I did. I think it took a month, plus or minus. It was a steam gift card.

frostwarefx likes this.
  2. rocket scientist

rocket scientist Newbie

Reputations:
    i did, in this forum also, got steam gift card, it's alright
    takes a while tho.

frostwarefx likes this.
  3. divv

divv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi folks I hope someone can help me... and sorry if its been covered but I cannot read 124 pages to find out!

I am interested in buying the Aero 15 but I'm being given some contradictory info from the different resellers here in my country (South Africa).
    The one reseller only has it in orange (not my taste), the other says they can get it in my preferred black, but its more expensive.
    The more expensive shop claims their specs are higher - theirs is supposedly a GTX1060 while the other is "only" a 1060M. Also the more expensive one is "Pantone X certified" where the other just says IPS.

If I Google the product codes I get a third party website which indicates the machines are the same (both 1060M) but then again this particular website also says they have a 1T HDD which is also not supposed to be the case seeing as the product code includes 512 (which is supposedly 2 x 256 SSDs).

So ARE THERE different versions? Are there some with 1060M and others with 1060? Are there some with non-PantoneX screens? For that matter are there different speed SSDs in different versions because the one website claims ultra fast and the other doesn't?
    Or would I land up paying more just for a different colour....?

Thanks
    (a confused) divv

4. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    That particular vendor is not being truthful.
    There is no MQ configuration in these machines (yet) or different screens. There might be differences in the SSD in certain regions, but it depends, usually they are the same for a specific region.

5. divv

divv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks Vistar Shook.. So now I suppose I must decide whether to pay the extra regardless for the different color.. One other difference there MAY be between the 2 options is the orange one comes with 2x 256 SDD and the black comes with a single 512.. Not sure if either of those is a a good thing...?

Vistar Shook likes this.
  6. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    At least in the US, I know there is a 1TB model that only comes in black. While I probably wouldn't buy from a dishonest retailer as a matter of principle, it's possible that they're charging more because the model they're selling really is better.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  7. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    As an alternative, Gigabyte does have a 2 year global warranty, so you should check out Amazon.com shipping prices.

I know where I live, it is often cheaper to get a computer component, or even a laptop, from America on Amazon.com and ship it (or, heck, even sites like HID are sometimes cheaper), because we have a rather hefty technology markup here. It's not a tax either, just a weird markup that exists across all computer parts with the exception of CPUs, which are often cheaper than their US counterparts. Weird.

In the event you need a warranty service, you just have to contact your local Gigabyte office.

One problematic thing about doing this is if you get a DOA. Returning it to Amazon will be a bit of a pain, but if you complain loudly enough they may reimburse you your shipping.

Otherwise, how much more is the black one? I mean, percentage wise? All else being the same, I'd rather have the single 512 stick than 2x256 sticks because when you add a second ssd and keep the first, you're keeping a larger volume.

Vistar Shook likes this.
  8. divv

divv Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @ Dannya951 - I unfortunately have few options as to who to deal with without paying even more; I also think the guy MAY be less informed as opposed to dishonest ..
    @ Cedric FP - I considered the Amazon route but few of the shippers send to my country, the one that does only has a more expensive "bundle" including a bag and games, by the time I've added shipping and ad valorum and VAT it is more expensive.
    Re the 2 drives vs 1: I also would have thought the 512 single is a better option for adding on, but I was told that 2 working together actually made for a faster setup? (Ironically, it was the same seller of the black version who told me this.. But looking at the quote he sent me I think his one has the single drive!)
    To answer your question though, percentage wise its 4% more for the black version.

9. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone get random (not very often) BSODs with POWER_STATE_FAILURE? i have only the recommended drivers from the smart update.. and there are numerous threads on the internet with generic solutions.. anyone knows of reliable way to track down the issue?

thanks a lot

10. FourEagles

FourEagles Newbie

Reputations:
    Does anyone know a good store in Europe? I live in Belgium and it is almost impossible to find one below €2300 for some reason. I could maybe get one from USA but as told above, with VAT and all that **** its still around €2k and its harder to send it back incase anything is wrong.
    Any suggestions?