*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. ginar yp

ginar yp Newbie

Reputations:
    Yes, I got same dicharge rate (10-11k) on idle, and 40-60k when editing video.

2. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Huh. Does that disable my dGPU entirely? As in if I launch a game, will it not work on the dGPU?

EDIT: Yes it does. Also my usage goes down to ~12-15k, which gives me an estimate of 7 hours in windows. I think I'll keep it on anyway because I actually need the GPU for gaming and other graphical tasks :L . Thanks though!
    I thought this would be similar to just disabling the GPU in Device Manager, but it isn't!

I had a question, did you do a clean re-installation of windows and then install all the Gigabyte Stuff that you needed?
    Your wallpaper suggests that lol.

Thanks for all the help guys. I really don't want to return this, only to get a model with better battery life but with more problems that I am yet to see on my unit.

EDIT: This reminds me, I turned on the icon in the taskbar to show me if my GPU is in use. So when I'm definitely not using it, it shows it is off. But gigabyte smart manager shows that my GPU has a temperature of 55C even though it is not being used! Trying the above suggestion shows that the GPU is idle in smart manager. It's not emptyproject acting up, I'm sure of it.

EDIT2: Now that I turned the GPU back on, smart manager shows it idling, but my power consumption is still at 22k XD. So much for blaming the GPU.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  3. frostwarefx

frostwarefx Newbie

Reputations:
    I tried it and it does not work . . pressed and held the right trackpad next to the icon and nothing happened . . tired it while laptop was in sleep, hibernation and off mode, nothing . .

4. HussainQ

Reputations:
    Try spamming and holding it. That's what I did.

5. JiDey247

JiDey247 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hi everyone,

Any informations about the release date of that 1070 / 4K model? I gotta buy a laptop for university which is starting next week and don't wanna buy a laptop if a newer version is going to be released in October or November :(

That's why I'm currently hesitant about buying the Aero 15 or the new 1070 Max-Q version of the MSI GS63VR.

6. HussainQ

Reputations:
    If you're thinking to use a laptop for university, I'd suggest not getting a Max-Q 1070 just because of how it impacts battery life (it would be significantly less). A 1060, atleast in Aeros, have better battery life and are a good balance in terms of work and graphical intense tasks.

7. JiDey247

JiDey247 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Forgot to mention that I'll also use it for gaming not university only.

Does a 1070 Max-Q impacts battery life more than a 1060 when doing some basic work like typing a text or simply browsing on the internet ? Assuming both are IDLE while not gaming.

8. HussainQ

Reputations:
    I'm assuming that a MaxQ 1070 will automatically be paired directly to the display with a higher refresh rate (my opinion) which would mean you'd be running on the 1070 all the time.
    Also, you're not getting too much of a performance bump over the 1060.

9. Vistar Shook

Vistar Shook Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Not necessarily, only if they include G sync. MSI and Clevo opted for optimus, while the Zephyrus went for G sync. I would imagine the Aero would stick to optimus because of the market segment it is targeting.

10. HussainQ

Reputations:
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info.
    That would be nice then. However, the question of very little performance increase comes up.

Vistar Shook likes this.