*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I spoke with sales today. While the rep. I spoke with couldn't confirm a 4k/1070MQ model, he did mention a few interesting tidbits:
    1. When the Aero 15 gets refreshed in Q1 2018, a 1050ti model will be offered.
    2. If a 4k/1070MQ model does get finalized (which based on other posts does seem to be the case), it won't be announced until after Intel lifts the embargo on Coffee Lake (same for 1050ti).
    3. When the refresh occurs, 32GB memory options will be available from the factory.

Unfortunately, the representative with whom I spoke wasn't aware of new keyboards coming along with the refresh models.

2. HussainQ

HussainQ Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I just got my Aero 15. Thankfully I can confirm that the BLB on my panel is very minimal. Have not gotten any keyboard shortcut issues (at least the ones I use; EDIT Just found out Left ctrl+shift+down registers as ctrl+shift+up; Guess I spoke too soon XD). Now I'm just charging up the battery and installing all the important updates. Fans seem to kick in more than the aero 14, might be better with the new BIOS.
    I'm surprised and happy about this since I ordered an open box unit.
    I'll edit this post once I've got more.

EDIT: I couldn't get that one shortcut to work after the keyboard firmware update, otherwise everything works well.
    One problem I do have is with battery life. I only get a prediction of 4 hours on Power Saver + Battery Saver + -125mV undervolt.
    Any tips are super appreciated!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  3. ginar yp

ginar yp Newbie

Reputations:
    Hello, I got my aero 15 on July. Is it normal if battery usage covering just for 2 hours?

4. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    This is not normal, no, and too low.

Can you go to the task manager and see if a program called "emptyproject11.exe" is running? If it is, you need to update your Smart Manager, as that executable keeps the dGPU on by default at all times.

The new Smart Manager versions no longer start up that exe.

5. ginar yp

ginar yp Newbie

Reputations:
    I've update Smart Manager, now using v3. I'm using High Performance Profile from windows control panel. Am I should switch to Balanced Performance Profile?

6. HussainQ

Reputations:
    What stable undervolt did you guys get through intel XTU? I'm getting a battery prediction of ~4 hours (no emptyproject11) with power saver mode turned on at ~50% brightness.

7. CedricFP

Reputations:
    Typically when I am on battery power I use power saver if I'm doing light tasks and can get to 6~7-ish hours, or i used balance and do around 5 max.

I have never tested high performance on battery, perhaps you can test it?

8. CedricFP

Reputations:
    I am at -115mv.

9. HussainQ

Reputations:
    Hmm, I got it down to -125mv but that did almost nothing. Still getting 4 hours. I think the new windows creators update might help (I'm still on pre-creators windows 10).

10. ginar yp

ginar yp Newbie

Reputations:
    For high performance I got around 2 hours, may be less for video editing.
    Is it safe for install intel XTU? just want to know undervolt value.