*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. RobonHood

RobonHood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What laptop did you end up going with instead @Denjin? I know you had the graphics accelerator and it'd be a shame to waste it. Are you going to wait on the possible 4k/1070M-Q refresh?

2. theypsilon

theypsilon Newbie

Reputations:
    Amazing news!!

After this (well, maybe its better to wait for some real tests), I can definitely recommend this laptop. The keyboard is no longer an issue for me, because all my common shortcuts are now working perfectly (developer workflow). And the screen is what it is, just avarage, not really the best fit for people working with colors despite the x-rite pantone thingy. For people that really want a supernice laptop screen, I can recommend them to go for the Dell XPS 15 4k, it's the nicest screen I've seen for a laptop in my life despite its black flickering glitch.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Denjin

Denjin Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yeah I'm without a laptop now...decided to just wait and see what else is coming out. I wasn't impressed with trying to deal with Gigabyte for support. Also, I guess I am spoiled by the MacBook Pro I used for work but I just think the laptop should be all metal or have a better screen for the price. Still, it was a VERY solid non-metal laptop and I did like typing on the keyboard.

Also, my desktop which has some x58 motherboard and a Xeon x5650 from many years ago felt a lot quicker than the Aero. I think the next gen of laptops will be a definite upgrade, though.

4. RobonHood

RobonHood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea I actually jumped on the 1050 Ti Aero 14 the other day (pricing really kills it but I figure I'll return if it sucks) just got it in today and am gonna run it through its paces with a Mantiz Venus EGPU box. Also got a Latitude 5480 on the way to see if the extra CPU horsepower it has it a boon for EGPU gaming. Everything should hopefully be here next week to get some benchmarks down along with some G-Sync Usage to see how it does.

I'll keep you posted ;)

5. Dan@Dan

Dan@Dan Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What I wonder, having to deal with so many issues on win10, how would win7 on a modern laptop and m.2 perform comparrf to win10?

6. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    In case anyone is looking to buy the black base model of the Aero 15 soon, it's $100 off with promo. code EMCRKRH65 on Newegg for the next week. It says it's exclusively for newsletter subscribers, so you may need to sign up to get it to work, not sure.

p0izn likes this.
  7. e1evenz1n

e1evenz1n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Eta on those have moved into 2018 Q1. I was going to wait for them too since it was supposed to be october/November. But I can't wait till 2018, even then that could be pushed back further.

hmscott likes this.
  8. theypsilon

theypsilon Newbie

Reputations:
    That happens to me sometimes. I really don't know when exactly, I believe is only when is on sleep mode, but not in all cases.

9. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I have this same problem. Resuming from the hibernation sleep when switching between plugged and unplugged may do it as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.
  10. HermannnTheGerman

HermannnTheGerman Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Any news regarding (spring) Creators Update?

By the way, although Fall Creators Update is looming, Windows Update did not yet afford the spring update yet on my AERO 15. To install it, I'd have to download and run Microsoft's Update Assistant. Any recommendations?