*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. scrod

scrod Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Someone who has one can likely confirm what speeds are supported and what BIOS options exist, if any.

TyroG likes this.
  2. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    Just made my purchased with @GenTechPC, was told they'll have it in stock this week so they'll have them shipped out by the first week of June. I'll be traveling out of state soon so can't wait to bring it along. Hop on the Spring sales and config from 16g x 1 to 8g x 2 to save a bit of money. I also bought a 960 pro 512gb from amazon, will be sticking that bad boy in here and the preinstalled m.2 sata will be used as storage.

GIGABYTE Aero 15W-BK4 nVidia GTX 1060, 7th Gen Intel Core i7
    [Availability:pre-order, We do not charge credit card for pre-orders unless it's ready to ship/build]
    [Free Gaming Bundle:For Honor or Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands]
    [Spring Sale 1:Free IC Diamond on CPU/GPU ($35 value, this promotion overrides standard options) +$.01]
    [Spring Sale 2:Free 30 Day No Dead Pixel Warranty ($35 value, this promotion overrides standard options) +$.01]
    [Spring Sale 4:Free GenTech PC Gaming T-Shirt - Medium +$.01]
    [Screen:15.6" 1920x1080 Wide-Angle View LED Matte-Type @60Hz (Anti-Glare)]
    [Dead Pixel Warranty:Standard Manufacturer Dead Pixel Warranty]
    [Graphics Controller:nVidia GeForce Pascal GTX1060 6GB GDDR5 DX12]
    [CPU Kaby Lake:7th Gen Intel Kaby Lake Core i7-7700HQ, 2.8~3.8GHz, 14nm, 6MB 45W]
    [Thermal Compound:Stock OEM Thermal Compound]
    [RAM:16GB DDR4 2400MHz/PC4 19200 Dual-Channel (8G X 2) -$35]
    [PCIe SSD Slot 1:512GB M.2 SSD SATA III 6Gb/s]
    [Ethernet Controller:Gigabit Ethernet Controller RJ45]
    [WiFi / Bluetooth:Intel Wireless-AC 8265 802.11 2.4Ghz/5.0Ghz Dual-Band 300/867 Mbps + Bluetooth 4.2 / WiDi]
    [USB Ports:3 USB 3.0 Ports + 1 USB 3.1 Type-C Thunderbolt 3 enabled]
    [AC Adapter:One 150W AC Adapter included]
    [Webcam:Built-in 2MP Webcam with Microphone]
    [Operating System:Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64 bit Factory Pre-installed, no installation media]
    [OS Clean Installation Option:Keep factory OS installation]
    [Windows Recovery USB:Help me created an factory system restore bootable USB flash drive +$15]

Last edited: May 22, 2017
    GenTechPC, Runningcount and scrod like this.
  3. scrod

Reputations:
    Congrats! Good to hear they will be shipping soon. I have a pre-order from @GenTechPC as well and its new owner is ready to have it as soon as possible:)

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    Which paste upgrade option would you choose at gentech? Which will last longer? Looks like you can get either the IC Diamond or Coollab Liquid Ultra

5. scrod

Reputations:
    I didn't get much input on this question in the other thread. I can only guess that liquid metal formulas have the potential to last longer, since they likely have little or no silicones/polymers or other compounds that might degrade with temperature cycles. Most liquid metal thermal interface materials are a Gallium alloy that presumably is not degraded by high temps or frequent cycles. I'm not sure if they have the potential to pump out or leech out over time or have some other failure mode. That said, it's quite possible some of the more standard pastes like IC Diamond have lifespans long enough that the difference isn't important.

I ordered CLU, but honestly I think simply removing the questionable automated paste blob and replacing it with a quality manual application with a quality paste is an improvement whichever one you choose.

My question is how hard is it to re-paste CLU later, anyone know?

6. Runningcount

Runningcount Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    When I checked last week, Conductonaut is also available for $50. but i too went with the free CLU option.

7. vinceboiii

vinceboiii Animals are friends, not food.

Reputations:
    Aww man I didnt see that the CLU was a free upgrade hmm might PM Ken and ask if I can switch it.

*EDITED* Got a reply from GenTechPC, switched my free upgrade to CLU instead of IC Diamond!

Svegetto, scrod and agent_pires like this.
  8. scrod

Reputations:
    Ken at GenTech was extremely quick with responses to all my numerous questions and changes, highly recommended. If the Aero 15 is as good as the customer service, my son will be a happy camper in college.

GenTechPC and vinceboiii like this.
  9. ahasbini

ahasbini Newbie

Reputations:
    Meetloaf13 likes this.
  10. agent_pires

agent_pires Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    They fixed that in the most recent 1.1.5 firmware update. You shouldn't have any issues.

Meetloaf13 and scrod like this.