*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    While the decision to take so long after launch to fix this issue is disappointing, it's good to see real fixes being released. Now if they could just nail down the keyboard issues...

hmscott likes this.
  2. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    everyone is wishing for the keyboard to be fixed and i am just here hoping they will simply allow to charge external devices through USB when the computer is turned off (the TB fix, is confirmed is of course really great news) :)

hmscott likes this.
  3. Dannya951

Reputations:
    For anyone who is interested, I've got bad news from my most recent call to GB: according to a customer service agent, the 4k model will not be released in the US market until further notice. I tried to speak with someone in sales to get more information, but I couldn't reach anyone. From what we heard, the 4k model had originally been delayed because of a new keyboard design, but I kind of doubt they'd pull the product like this if it were just the keyboard. I'm guessing/hoping it's because they're deciding to rework/redesign for a 1070mq, but again, I couldn't confirm anything with a sales representative. Until I hear it from sales, take this with a grain of salt.

4. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Thanks for the update! Looks like someone at Gigabyte was listening. Glad they did the right thing here. They could just have easily have remained "not aware" of the problem.

@Denjin, sorry, but it looks like you sending your notebook back for RMA was indeed a waste of time as they potentially fixed it with a bios update. Hopefully when you get it back you can confirm if you are indeed getting full performance with your eGPU setup.

Now I can go back to recommending the Aero 15 to people. Before when I did, it always came with the disclaimer that TB3 doesn't work at full speeds, and may never. I'm glad to be able to recommend this laptop again with confidence (keyboard issue gets mentioned of course).

Vistar Shook likes this.
  5. olhas

olhas Newbie

Reputations:
    Has anyone gotten a skin on their Aero 15 yet? If so, where did you get it? Thanks

6. Dannya951

Reputations:
    As far as major skin retailers, no one has reported finding one yet. One person found one in a store in Taiwan, and another person made their own. The one who made their own was just a few pages back, maybe you could ask them for details.

7. Ron101

Ron101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just ordered my Aero 15 from HIDevolution and i am PUMPED! Donald was very help full all the way eventhough had some struggles getting my payments through from the desert.

Here is my setup, had to cut down on some extra's due to som unforseen events sadly, but im still pretty satisfied with it.
    Gigabyte Aero 15W-BK4 - 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) w/ GTX 1060 - Black
    Free Accessories

GIGABYTE GBP57S Gaming Backpack, GIGABYTE M6800 Noble Black 4 Buttons 1600 dpi Gaming Mouse, GIGABYTE Gaming Mousepad XMP300
    LCD Panel
    15.6" FHD (1920x1080) Thin Bezel Wide Viewing Angle anti-glare display LCD
    Display Warranty
    30 Days Zero Defective Pixel Warranty (perfect panel guarantee)
    Video Card
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 w/ 6GB GDDR5
    Processor
    7th Generation Intel Core i7-7700HQ Quad Core Processor, 2.8 GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.8GHz), 6MB Smart Cache
    Thermal Paste
    Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra 100% Metal Thermal Interface on CPU, IC Diamond on GPU - BEST PERFORMANCE
    Memory
    16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4/2400MHz
    M.2 PCIe NVMe or SATA Options
    no RAID (1st drive as primary boot drive, 2nd drive as storage drive)
    M.2 PCIe NVMe or SATA SSD Slot 1
    Gigabyte Approved 512GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
    M.2 PCIe NVMe or SATA SSD Slot 2
    None
    Wireless Cards
    Intel® Wireless-AC 8265 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Operating System
    Genuine Windows® 10 Home, 64bit, English
    Operating System Clean Install
    Yes, Clean Install of Windows
    Office Software
    None
    Power Adapter
    1x 150W AC Power Adapter (supports 100-240V)
    Power Cord
    UK 6 Ft Power Cord C5
    Lithium-polymer Battery
    Li Polymer 94.24Wh
    Audio
    Premium Speakers - 2 Stereo
    Auto-Adjusting Backlit Keyboard
    Island-style Per-key RGB Backlit FUSION Keyboard
    Warranty and Service
    2 Year HIDevolution Limited Global Warranty + LIFETIME HIDevolution Technical Support

Im sad i couldn't afford the Back light Bleed checking at the end, but with import tax and shipping i just couldn't afford it, so hopefully i get a minimum bleed situations. Fingers crossed. Will be using mostly for freelance Architecture work and some light gaming( Including Mass effect and Dragon Age inquisition and PUBG)

Will keep you guys updated.

8. Pizzapunx

Pizzapunx Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I ordered like a week and a half ago with newegg premier, free 3 day shipping. I wasn't home and I just got the laptop. The main 2 problems you want to check for is keyboard ghosting and backlight bleed. I have been tweaking my brightness settings and other things to try and improve mine. I will post before and after pictures soon.

HussainQ likes this.
  9. jinx405

jinx405 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys. How's it going? I bought the Aero 15 about 2 weeks ago and so far it's an excellent laptop, except for a problem I seem to be having. At the moment, I can't connect a 2nd display to my MiniDP port. The HDMI port works fine, however I've had no luck whatsoever with the MiniDP port.

Anyone have a similar problem? Is there a fix, or do I need to submit a warranty claim? I have updated to all latest drivers (downloading the new BIOS update as I type this) and have mucked around with different display driver versions/cables/converters without any luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

10. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I currently have 3 monitors working great. Nixeus 144Hz via MiniDP. Dell via HDMI, Dell via USB dock.

DP/MiniDP cables can be finicky, fwiw

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

hmscott likes this.