*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I have no problems with keeping on my lap as long as it's not about gaming.
    Temperature measurements here https://www.notebookcheck.net/Gigabyte-Aero-15-7700HQ-GTX-1060-FHD-Laptop-Review.215364.0.html

sid_s likes this.
  2. Gab10

Gab10 Newbie

Reputations:
    what about when you play on your laptop screen ? fps / temperature?

3. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Same temps and somehow more unstable framerate...
    I think there are some issues with Forza games and Optimus. Even though the game is using the GTX 1060, it is somehow affected by the Intel IGP's presence.

Looks like HDMI is managed differently, 100% by Nvidia (more settings in the control panel)

4. Meetloaf13

Meetloaf13 fear the MONKEY!!!

Reputations:
    I had no issues through my miniDP port. 1080p 144hz 80-100 FPS on SWBF.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

5. Logs

Logs Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I'd wish they would put a 1070MQ in this and make my decision done. I really want a machine for VR and the 1060 just won't cut it.

6. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Tried to overclock the screen with and without xtone preset, and i can only get it to 63fps anything over wont work as far as i know.

7. Gab10

Gab10 Newbie

Reputations:
    Did you try the mini display port with and adapter HDMI to mini display?

Its not working. I tried with two different adapters. No signal at all on external screen or TV....

Dont understand

8. Akshay2502

Akshay2502 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hey guys, need help asap. I bought my aero 15 about 2 months ago and I absolutely love it. This problem started about a week ago, my keyboard backlighting started to glitch out so I reinstalled gigabyte fusion and it seemed to have fix it but then as the week progressed something very unusual started happening, the f3, 3, E, X and the LAlt keys had their blue backlight ON even though the keyboard backlighting was set to be turned off so once again I reinstalled gigabyte fusion but this time the problem persisted, so left this for a week and then the blue LED in the D key stopped working all together so I reinstalled all the drivers but the problem still persists. Any help/ diagnosis would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Pics:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwg9x1SjBaFAN3laNHQ0RzNUOWM
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwg9x1SjBaFAN1FhNHBPT0FoUTA
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwg9x1SjBaFAakVLU2dQanJ3eUE

9. e1evenz1n

e1evenz1n Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Has gigabyte addressed the tb3 speed thing? If so did they say it's working as intended or if there's a fix rolling out? If it is "working as intended" will I be able to hook the aero 15 to an egpu?

I saw a user here say a rep replied that gigabyte won't be rolling out fixed keyboards to everybody because the keyboard was never advertised as antighosting. This is utterly absurd. I want to email their rep and ask what else about the components it uses aren't advertised as faulty.

At the very least, they should update their website for the aero 15, list their keyboards for having ghosting problems. That way people are aware, and then they can say it's working as advertised. I had to rma my unit and currently have the luxury of going to another brand. Really want the 4k variant but Gb needs to address these problems.

10. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I asked a tech. support agent about the reported underperformance of TB3 on the Aero 15, and this was his reply:

Doesn't instill much confidence, does it?