*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    it be goo if we can end laptop back to fix the backlight bleed too

2. tobham

tobham Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wonder why no shop in Germany or Austria has an Aero 15 in storage, except for one online store. I wrote to them and they told me keyboard issues are still there, they also don't have them in storage but probably would have it ready in a week. They will recheck and get back to me. Now if one of the best laptops out there is barely available in western Europe, I am growing suspicious. Is there a secret recall in progress? What's going on?

3. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @tobham: the availability of the Aero 15 in Europe has been very low since the release, even before the keyboard issue has been raised.

4. Ron101

Ron101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Please keep us updated on this, I'm about to order off HIDevolution this week, wonder if I can get one with new keyboard rather than the old one. That would be most favourable.

5. Esaelias187

Esaelias187 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    just keep us updated please, so we all know when to send keyboards back to gigabyte....is everyone having issues with keyboard or only a limited segment of the buyers?

6. Shevek

Shevek Newbie

Reputations:
    I purchased the Aero 15 from Gentech PC. Before I did, I called them to confirm they had tested the Killer 1535 with it since they were offering it. They assured me it worked.

It absolutely does not. I paid over two grand for a laptop (which shipped late, by the way) that needs to be tethered to a freaking lan line.

I have emailed Gentech and am still awaiting a reply. Needless to say, I am pretty displeased with this crap since I specifically called them and brought up this issue BEFORE I even ordered.

Anywho, be wary of adding the Killer 1535 to your rig and reconsider ordering from these Gentech guys.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  7. airat.shafikov

airat.shafikov Newbie

Reputations:
    Did anybody noticed that Pantone Color deactivates if you open fullscreen app (game for example)? Colors gamma shifts a little bit to green once I open Overwatch.

8. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    IMG_5010.JPG IMG_5007.JPG IMG_5008.JPG IMG_5005.JPG IMG_5009.JPG
    Well my aero 15 came in the other day and wow I'm so glad I took the risk and grabbed one the keyboard shortcuts work fine and the screen does have slight light bleed but I don't notice it when on only at boot screen (black) my screen also won't shut by itself when it's bent down close to the keys unless it's very very close. The screen being 1080 was worrying me cause I use a ultrawide that is "4K" and a 4K monitor and let me say this 1080p panel is very good it almost looks glossy and colorful like a mac, I did try to boot into mac and it worked I just need to purchase a USB wifi adapter since I cannot run wireless off the intel wifi chip. I'm super picky with my screens so I'm glad it worked! It's also fairly good so far on editing in after effects one thing I don't like is it's not reading the 1060 I'm still working on that. My version came with a crucial ssd and a fairly nice 16gb ripjaw ram. I did replace the ram to 32gb vengance ram and it read it perfectly.
    The light bleed looks way more dramatic on the photo. I'm a fan of glossy panels but this one makes me feel like I've been missing out on matte ones!

The only few problems I have is I wish there was a cap lock light instead of on the screen. And that the number keys are the same space away from the others I wish there was a little bit bigger of a gap between the keys where the numbers start but not an issue.
    And the bottom panel is SUPER hard to take off I was worried like crazy I'd break something.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    Pizzapunx, Ron101 and p0izn like this.
  9. derpsauce

derpsauce Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The part about you successfully hackintoshing the device I find intriguing, did it take long? And apart from the GPU, what else doesn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not as long as the other ones I've done I still have to get more working the Audio only works via the headphone jack and the wireless won't work but the USB wifi should fix that issue , I just used the config files from a dell xps lol. I know the 1060 will never work cause Optimus but I think the intel gpu will be ok for little tasks, it's saying I have 7mb to use for the mac but I'm sure there is a way to fix that also.