*** OFFICIAL GIGABYTE AERO 15 OWNERS LOUNGE ***

Discussion in 'Gigabyte and Aorus' started by BringTheRain403, May 8, 2017.

1. CallmeBigfaat

CallmeBigfaat Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Cannot I am pretty sure the pin for the screen is 30pin and 1400p and 4K take a 40pin.

2. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does anyone know if there is any changelog on the bios releases? Yesterday i got another one but i have no clue what has (or hasnt) changed...

thanks a lot

3. p0izn

p0izn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Began to attack them in advance : https://i.imgur.com/CqVSzsG.png :) I think phone calls can be more effective.
    Going to buy the Aero, but have no much time to replace the kbd

4. Ron101

Ron101 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So its confirmed that they have a new keyboard for the Aero 15, so if I order one it should be shipped with the new one surely? Let us knoebwgat they say

5. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Unfortunately there isn't any changelog for BIOS releases, neither on the Gigabyte support website nor in Smart Update.
    It's a bit irritating...

BTW, I noticed the new BIOS FB08 / F007 in Smart Update. When I click on it I have the downloading popup which runs until 100% but then it closes and nothing happen. The BIOS install process doesn't start.

I can find the downloaded bios.zip file in C:\Program Files\Smart Update\temp but it's password protected grrr
    I have Smart Update v3.6.6

6. lemegetin

lemegetin Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is the one i got and it installed fine.. no idea what it changed though...

7. lebellium

lebellium Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Nevermind, after rebooting the PC I was able to flash the new BIOS.

As a previous Dell user I've been used to know the BIOS changelogs for 7 years.
    Gigabyte laptops are rather meant for power users than the general public so it's all the more weird that they don't provide any changelog...

Did anyone get the "switch to profile when application launched" option work in Gigabyte Fusion?

8. georgz

georgz Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys anyone had any luck with linux and the hybrid GPU? The bbswitch with nvidia is really breaking my balls.

9. p0izn

p0izn Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I wish someone here could tell where devices with the new h/w revision / mfg date could be bought. I don't think major retailers have begun to ship their old on-hands inventories to Gigabyte facilities - it make sense for them to leave that issue on the customer - I believe huge percentage of existing users don't use faulty key combinations in everyday tasks -- see amazon high ratings and reveiws.

10. Dannya951

Dannya951 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I just called hidevolution.com's sales team yesterday, asking how their "30 day return period" would work if I sent my Aero 15 to Gigabyte for the keyboard replacement during that time frame. I was hoping they'd extend my return period to account for the time the laptop isn't in my possession, but no such luck. One positive thing that came out of the conversation was that the sales representative offered to reach out to his contact at Gigabyte to ask about the same thing you addressed here. He's hoping to find out if there's a way, based on batch/SN, to determine if a given 1080p Aero 15 in inventory was produced with the new hardware.

I expect to hear back from him this week, so I'll keep you posted.

p0izn likes this.