Official Gateway 78xx Series FX BIOS - 9c.05.00 thru 9c.17.00

Discussion in 'Gateway and eMachines' started by E-wrecked, Sep 25, 2008.

?

Sticky? What do ya think?

1. Sticky it!

91.3%
  2. Let it slip..

6.5%
  3. huh?

2.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iaTa

iaTa Do Not Feed

Reputations:
    The BIOS should not have that sort of affect on your in-built peripherals. Are you sure you're not having driver issues?

2. Lord_Devlin

Lord_Devlin Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    He must be having driver issues. I upgraded to .12 and had that same webcam problem. All I had to do was reinstall the driver.

3. puterg33k

puterg33k Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow looks like you guys have done your homework on these notebooks! I'm quite impressed at this forum to say the least. There's just one thing I'm not very clear about; can I use this new revision of the bios for my Gateway FX P-7805u?

I've tried to skim through the forum as much as humanly possible in the last 20 minutes. Sorry if this is a question that has been answered time and again. I'm in the military and one thing I don't have is TIME. Sadly, I just have to ask many stupid questions. Well thank you for all your help! :)

Oh yes, last question... Will gateway honor there warrenty if you brink your laptop during a flash?

4. MistaChy

MistaChy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    my laptop was bought with an accidental damage warranty which i think is necessary. Even without that, gateway should fix it for you if all you are doing is upgrading the bios. if u got if from a retailer like bestbuy without a extended warranty, you may incur a charge.

5. puterg33k

Reputations:
    Thank you for the information MistaChy. How about the bios question? :p

Will these revisions work for the Gateway FX P-7805u?

6. MistaChy

MistaChy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yes, all BIOS support functions on the p7801, and p7805U FX Series

7. gecis

gecis Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Nice thread but maybe a noob question. What is the advantage of upgrading bios? And also why was the author of this thread banned?

8. E-wrecked

E-wrecked BANNED

Reputations:
    I wasn't really banned. ;) And unfortunately, I don't have the time to frequent NBR as much as I used to. To answer your other question, BIOS upgrades typically control fan speeds, voltage distributions, hardware support, etc and these also include the GPU strings. Anyhow, miss you all!

9. puterg33k

Reputations:
    This is a question for E-Wrecked. With these new bios' you can actually overclock the CPU? I'm very confused.... :eek:

I've read all over the forums that you can't overclock the CPU. Then on the front of your post it says you can, and there's quad core support?

I guess, I'm really confused. Not just a little at this point. :confused:

Can you please specify if the upgrade of these bios' can give the ability to overclock or support quad core?

Thank you very much E-Wrecked :), P.S. -> I'm glad you aren't banned... I was a bit leery of your advice on your posts given you were banned. Or at least it looked as if you were banned. Perhaps you might wanna change it to semi-banned ;)

10. DawnsEclips

DawnsEclips Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    The link to the windows and DOS packages dont work? How can i get the latest BIOS?

Never mind i just downloaded the bios variety package. After i extracted i opened the program and it was done running my computer restarted. Does that mean i successfully got the new bios?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.