*** Official Eurocom Q6 Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Dennismungai, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Dennismungai

Dennismungai Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Hello there,

I'm starting the thread for the Clevo P950ER

Currently running benchmarks and performance tuning.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  2. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    Would be good to have the title of the thread as Clevo P950ER Owners Lounge, as it's not only people who purchase the Eurocom version who will post here and it helps people see which chassis is being discussed rather than just one of the resellers (which would be better posted in the Reseller Feedback section) ;-)

Dennismungai likes this.
  3. Dennismungai

Reputations:
    Thanks for the correction.

Applying changes.

4. Dennismungai

Reputations:
    Wait, how do I change the title of a thread?

5. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    XMG and Dennismungai like this.
  6. Dennismungai

Reputations:
  7. Dennismungai

Reputations:
    [​IMG]

The SteamVR performance test.

Due to Optimus, the test shows the GPU as the integrated U630 instead of the proper GTX 1070 Max-Q.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  8. Dennismungai

Reputations:
  9. Schwabe

Schwabe Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    こんいちは @Dennismungai hey read your feedback here & on other threads regarding the Q6 - it's too bad the unit didn't exactly work out, but good to hear you eventually found a solid alternative.

Question: if you had a friend who was absolutely set on buying a Q6 today, in light of your issues with cooling, would you suggest perhaps the i5 instead of i7? That move would shave off $200 the price tag; as recommended in this review.

Also on the topic of configuration, I notice Eurocom shipping this now with minimum 180W adapter, not the 150W that you received - so despite the bulkier power brick, subsequent customers should get better GPU perf. In fact, their configurator currently indicates GTX 1070 (N17E-G2) specifically "100W", which seems to imply no hard cap of 80W that was on yours (but I could be wrong or misinterpreting this). Also noticed you received a BIOS update so wondering if that helped squeeze out any more from it.

All things considered I am hopeful, at the right price, this unit is still a viable daily driver for gaming/coding/digital art. Looking forward to your input!

Btw, huge props for making the comprehensive Linux/Ubuntu gists.

10. Dennismungai

Reputations:
    Go with the i5. For gaming, the i5 is more than adequate. Gaming laptops junky also recommends the i5, and I trust that guy's transparency on reviews more than my morning coffee.

It fixed the show stopping bugs I encountered, particularly on Linux. Loading the system up on battery would result in a shutdown.

Eurocom is lying on the specs there. That is an 80W GPU. If someone else here with such a system can prove otherwise, that would be most welcomed.

It really is. The only thermal paste that brought this machine under control was ICD. Get it and apply it. I also had excellent results with Phoyba Nanogrease Extreme.
    For productivity tasks, I found it more than adequate. Indeed, I consider the screen on the Asus GM501GS-XS74 to be a downgrade in that regard.

Concerning Linux related matters: If you run into issues, do reach out. I, among others, may be able to assist where we are able.