[Official] English Premier League 2009-2010 Discussion Thread-{Kdawgca Edition}

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Full-English, May 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny T

Johnny T Notebook Nobel Laureate

Reputations:
    Grrr........that wasn't even an EPL match! :p But still, MU aren't playing well at all right now. Infact they are play god awful.

2. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    Yeah, not very well indeed. In fact, the whole top 7 is being mighty inconsistent. If this was the Chelsea of three years ago, we would be out of sight at the top :S.

What are you guys' predictions, now that we're pretty much at halfway?

Mine:
    1.Chelsea
    2.Arsenal
    3.Man City (controversial!)
    4.Man Utd
    5.Spurs
    6.Aston Villa
    7.Birmingham
    18. Burnley
    19. Hull City
    20. Portsmouth

3. Johnny T

Reputations:
    I'd say the title race will go right down the line this year with Chelsea/MU/Arsenal competing until the last week, or maybe even the last game. City just doesn't have the consistency or the experience in a title race. I can see Spurs or Villa picking up that 4th spot. Man Utd have had some serious defensive injuries this season which is annoying. Of course, Arsenal haven't been all that fortunate with injuries this season either.

Man Utd is possibly one of the most frustrating teams to watch. :p

4. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    I reckon it'll be a two horse race between Arsenal and Chelsea (sorry!), while the fight for Europa League/the last UCL place will all be decided on the last day. Although they are inexperienced, City can manage to pull it off :p. Who knows what they'll do in the transfer window, they've got 560 billion bucks backing them.

5. Johnny T

Reputations:
    Bah, money doesn't mean anything, a player has to want to play there to go. Kaka was a key example. Though perhaps had Ancelotti still been at AC, he wouldn't have gone to Real.

I don't think MU will win the league this season, but they can push which ever team is at the top till the end.

6. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    But when so many clubs are in dire financial circumstances, it does. Just look at your team, 700 million in debt. For example, if Portsmouth were better off, they would never consider selling their best two players, Prince-Boateng and Kaboul. But now, they are trying desperately to offload the two, just because it might help stabilise their debts.

I can see a certain two in Liverpool that would fetch quite a lot ;).

7. Johnny T

Reputations:
    We didn't have to be 700mil in debt, damn americans. :p Though it's a very good thing they dont mess with the team. Portsmouth went kaboom because Harry Redknapp screwed them over for what? The 100th time? :p

Of course, you might be too young to remember a club called "Leeds United" which really went down in an epic way. :(

There are so many clubs I'd like to see back in the EPL including Newcastle and Charlton.

8. plasma.

plasma. herpyderpy

Reputations:
    I didn't see it first hand, but I hear a lot about Leeds, particularly because of all the Aussies that were there. Wasn't it like Champions League Semis to League 1 in the space of a couple of years?

I really want Reading back, and Middlesborough. It'd be nice if Nottingham Forest could also come back up, nothing like a bit of nostalgia :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.