-->*OFFICIAL: Dell XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge*<--

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by J-Bytes, Sep 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Liquid Hz

Reputations:
    @DDT5

I see you're using sennheisers, you know your quality! =p

Btw, nobody ever told me what program they used to overclock their 9800s. I believe I asked a couple of times but everybody missed my question (or doesn't want to answer) =(

2. DDT5

DDT5 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Interesting.....just checked my games profiles in nHancer, and some of them are set to Hybrid SLI, like Bioshock for example. Weird.

You are welcome :) Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions.

:biggrin:

Nune is the only one that works with M1730. Here is a link. Install only performance pack, other pack don't work with M1730 properly.

EDIT:
    Here comes Media Direct:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/239496554/Media_Direct.part1.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/239505599/Media_Direct.part2.rar
    http://rapidshare.com/files/239511917/Media_Direct.part3.rar

.MDS file there is for those using ImgBurn.

3. chief barker

chief barker Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I have had this one (in piano black) for about a week now and i'm over the moon with it.

http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=25&l2=147&l3=0&l4=0&model=1913&modelmenu=2

The sound difference is amazing compared to onboard sound, and it's sound options are fully customizable. It also has an inbuilt headphone amp.

I use this with a pair of sennheiser 595's.

4. Rcas

Rcas Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I have the X-Fi ExpressCard that Del sells and I like it. There was a slight echo when both the external speakers and the laptop speakers were on due to a VERY short delay so I disabled playback through the laptop speakers when the card in plugged in and the echo effect went away. Haven't noticed any sound delay with on screen video either.

5. ernstig01

ernstig01 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    @zergslayer69
    To get +15k 3dMark points, you need the X9000 @ 3.4 and GPU @ 640/950/1600. I didn't want to push it higher, because it's running max performance without issues this way. These are the optimal settings for my rig.
    Normally I play games at stock speeds.

BTW, I'm using Sennheiser HD280 Silver headphones. It has perfect sound with clear bass and extreme noise isolation from the outside.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Silver-Dynamic-Circum-Aural-Headphones/dp/B000165FRQ
    Hell, I can't even hear my wife yelling next to me to come down for dinner.:p :D

6. chief barker

Reputations:
    Sorry to change the subject chaps but i've just got a quote for a 1 year extension on the warranty, which runs out in about 8 months.

They are asking for £149 to extend it for another year.

Does that sound right to you guys?

Is it worth it?.

7. hikkoo

hikkoo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ernstig sorry..........got confused about Desktop & Mobile modes, going to start again & stick with Mobile mode only.

this for RMclock(Mobile) factory defaults VIDs, X9000=2.8 View attachment 34541

this for RMclock(Mobile) factory defaults VIDs, X9000=3.4 View attachment 34542

my default multiplier 17.0x=1.4625v matchs your "Current" one, in your "CPU info & status" window on page 1659 in this thread.

8. ernstig01

ernstig01 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I think it's worth the money.
    Imagine after a year your system will have a nervous brake-down. I would be glad to have some warranty left to let Dell deal with the problem. These machines are running permanently at the edge of what's possible for notebooks.

9. TimeWriter

TimeWriter Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Yeah, I have the same sound card but I noticed that it doesn't have a dedicated sound processor, so it takes load from my T9300 processor to work, and I don't like that. I'm gonna sell it because of this.

10. chief barker

Reputations:
    I wonder If I can haggle them down a bit on the price :nah:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.