**OFFICIAL** Dell XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge, *Part 4*

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by nzaptx, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dikkiedirk

dikkiedirk Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

No I didn't. I think even with a depleted battery the harddisk should be detected. All other BIOS-settings remain intact.

2. Mars79

Mars79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Not necessarily..
    On my other notebook, which has a broken rechargeable CMOS battery, occurs the same thing from time to time as well.
    You also checked the harddisk cable? I remember one time when I installed an other disk, it wasn't detected, though the cable was connected correctly. I had to reconnect it, worked without problems then. I understand after a bios-setting change your disk is working without problems, though it might be worth checking it.

3. DeeWiiNs

DeeWiiNs Newbie

Reputations:
    I Bought This. Can Anyone Help With Where To Grab The UJ220 Blu Ray Drivers?

Also Mars Many Thanks For The Other Suggestions. Will Be Buying The x9000 Next :D

4. Mars79

Mars79 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    You won't need any drivers. Just plug it in and Windows/Linux will do the rest. You do need additional software to play Blu-ray disks though.

5. Metalman

Metalman Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    You do not need drivers for the Blu-Ray drive. Just install the drive and it will work.
    You will need Blu-Ray software to play Blu-Ray movies, like PowerDVD.

Sorry Mars79, I din't see your post.

6. Consi Pit

Consi Pit Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I have got strange issue . From long time ago - time to time - I had a problems with sli mode in my M1730 . It was a screen flickering in some games in sli mode when I used nVidia drivers . The most strange is that when I instaled stock dell drivers the problem gone and everything was fine - no screen flickering ( but support for newest game to sli was gone too... ) . Can someone explain me what is wrong with my machine ? , because along with the newest Nvidia drivers 3xx - the problem revert back to me .

7. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    There's nothing wrong with the machine, it's the drivers. I have the same issues with same games.

Hey guys, long time no see :)

8. Johnnyboy11

Johnnyboy11 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thought you'd be interested that Windows 8 Enterprise x64 RTM installed no problems on my M1730, and drivers were automatically installed for all components. Updated the latest graphics drivers from Nvidia and SLI is enabled.

Minor issue: The LCD Game Panel is detected, but just displaying 'XPS', so I'll try the Logitech drivers instead.

Looking good...

9. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    A performance review would be interesting. I for one am still mainly using XP, have 7 also, but expect for games that require it, XP still seems to be the smoothest for me.

10. twinpeaks

twinpeaks Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Anyone tried to dual boot Mountain Lion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.