**OFFICIAL** Dell XPS M1730 Owner's Lounge, *Part 4*

Discussion in 'Dell XPS and Studio XPS' started by nzaptx, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andy3008

Andy3008 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Could this be my sli saviour ? Are you in the market to sell ? In Australia here .

Apologies if this is getting off topic .

Sorry but is the GPU the sli version ?

2. pmassey31545

pmassey31545 Whats the mission sir?

Reputations:
    I have 2 cards-the one that came with the lappy 512Mb 8700M GT and the 1Gb 8800M GTX. I would have to send one of them back bc they are replacing the computer. But either one is for sale really. PM me and lemme know.

And yes-both cards are SLI.

3. totostar

totostar Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I guess I might sell my pair of 8800m gtx as well.
    I kept those stored in their box since I upgraded to 9800m gtx for "in-case" scenarios :p

4. Andy3008

Reputations:
    Hi pmassey31545, interested in the 8800m GTX sli solution. I don't seem to have pm available to me so could you please email me with a price please.

Hi totostar, also interested in your 8800m GTX sli solution. Can you use the email address above to send details please.

Thanks guys, this is turning out to be pretty good hopefully. Going to post in the wanted to buy section for the 9800m SLI solution as well.

5. pmassey31545

pmassey31545 Whats the mission sir?

Reputations:
    No PM's till you reach 5-or is it 10 posts. As far as price-I have no clue what is normal other than to check Feebay and ask other members here *hint, hint*. And obviously, I will charge less than eBay. I mean I'd like to make some, but not a killing.
    And pretty sure you can't post your email address in the forums. Click my name and send me an email and then I will have your address.

6. Andy3008

Reputations:
    Sorry about the email address, will delete in post. I now have PM access so PM's on the way.

7. eleron911

eleron911 HighSpeedFreak

Reputations:
    I'm getting Duke Nukem soon, what drivers are you guys on? and a profile, if any, much appreciated :D

8. Brotherhood

Brotherhood Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    A couple days ago I came here with video card troubles and decided to bake the cards to see if that would help. It brought the card back to life (Both of the 9800's actually which was really nice). When I took the fans off of the video card, I was a little rough unplugging them from the 3pin slots (they were stuck). So now that they are back together, only 1 of the 2 fans works and the laptop gets quite hot.

Is there a way to test the fan if I took the card out again to see if the motor died or if the wire is just not making contact, or if something on the card itself is causing the problem?

Thank you already for the advice to bake the card, its great to have a functioning laptop again. Would love to just see if I can get this last part fixed.

9. Kingpinzero

Kingpinzero ROUND ONE,FIGHT! You Win!

Reputations:
    Latest 275.33 are fine with a modded inf under XP, but nvidia updater will not work, hence you cant grab the sli update for Duke or Dirt 3.

The modded file was posted in the gaming section and i made it. As for the profile, if you have a dual boot, just update your windows 7 with 275.33, do the auto updater, then export the profile, load it up in xp.

Or ill post the profile for it if you need it.

EDIT: modded inf for 275.33 WHQL Desktop, Win XP SP3: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=91B11WJL
    BTW these drivers ROCKS.

Mhm i had this problem before, all i had to do was to dismantle everything again, unplug the fans and reseat them proprely. The connectors are loose on the pcb...beside that , its crazy hard to find fans replacements. I tried to do that but trust me its a mess.

10. PIN360

PIN360 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey,

Baked my 8800m GTX sli cards back in ... march or april I think. Havent used the laptop much but the cards idle around 55c and dont normally go over 70c under load.

Still working when I use it sporadically. Play mostly on a desktop...

Anyways though, was wondering if it's work installing windows xp 64 bit instead of running vista 64 bit. Or... should I consider Windows 7 64 bit?

Im thinking games should run better in XP but I may run into issues with drivers since XP is so outdated, thus the switch to Windows 7 might be in order....

Though m1730 doesnt "officially" support windows 7.

Ahhhh....

Im just tired of running Vista on here I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.