---> OFFICIAL: Dell STUDIO 14z Owner's Lounge <---

Discussion in 'Dell' started by poison7fl, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. desiindc

desiindc Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    The battery arrived today. So far it seems somewhat okay. Time remaining after a full charge shows up as 2 hours 33 minutes. I will cycle it a few times to see if I can get this up. I remember the OEM one had around 4 hours when it was new. In case anyone is interested the HWINFO says the battery has a full charge capacity of 77630mWh. Also the manufacturer is 'Simplo'.

I'm afraid you won't like this. I just uninstalled all the NVIDIA programs/drivers. This reverted the graphics driver back to a 2009 version. WIth these drivers the CPU temperatures go up (from 39 to 45) but the fans do not turn on to the loud setting at all. However, there are some major issues doing this.

1) The screen no longer does 1600x900 well. I've have to stick to 1280x800 which looks pretty crappy.
    2) I am unable to control screen brightness after windows boots. I can do it earlier during POST and OS selection.

I really wish I could switch between the updated drivers and the old ones using a simple mechanism. That way when I want the laptop to not whine (for eg., in the middle of a meeting), I can turn off all the updated drivers and when I am playing some game at home, I can turn those drivers back on.

Do try and let me know what your experience is. It is pretty low cost compared to opening up the case, bending the heatpipe, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.