Official Coffee Lake Thread/BIOS For ALL SkyLake/KabyLake Clevo LGA1151 laptops

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Anyone with black pcb zotac 1060/1070 in P751DM model?

I flashed both 1070 vbios-es from this thread in my 1070 zotac, but P751DM goes into EC VGA temp panic always. Original BIOS same EC panic.
    BIOS version 1.05.11, dsanke mod
    EC version 1.05.04

2. dsanke

dsanke Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    @joluke 1.07.27 and 1.07.28 are for Optane H10 , there is no need to update.

DaMafiaGamer, electrosoft and joluke like this.
  3. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Update:
    P751DM goes into EC panic because black PCB is not directly compatible with clevo, VGA card need to be hardware modded to work, I believe this is what needs to be done.

4. gusar190

gusar190 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi! I'm new here and I can't write you directly (in PM) so excuse my writing here) At first I want to say thank you very much for your work! Recently I've bought Clevo P870DM laptot and updated the BIOS with your firmware to install new I3-9100F CPU. So it works and quite stable under benchmarks and some heavy games! But I have some issues now and I've googled everywhere but find no solutions. First issue is strange video card behavior before OS is loaded. I'm using win7Prox64 and my GPU is 980M original by Clevo. I have black screen instead of menu where I can choose Safe Mode, Load Last Working Config, etc. The menu is working fine but I cant see it and have to use like if I'm blind) The next most disappointing problem is some strange artifacts after using hibernation mode. I put my laptop to hibernation, then wake him and all fine at this moment. But after restarting laptop may just turn off or make on BEEP then windows loads. Another strange thing is some shortly seen graphic artifact during OS preboot like if the GPU is broken, but its new and works fine then. Please tell me what should I do now, make some tweaks in BIOS, or flash stock one and migrate to older CPUs? My OS is installed on MBR disk, SecureBoot is off. I've tried with vary versions of drivers and even without some of it installed but this was not a problem. Excuse my english, I'm from Russia)) And thanks to you!

5. dsanke

dsanke Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I confirm the bug you've reported. And I have no fix for that now.So if you can't stand that,you'd better switch to Skylake CPU and official BIOS.

electrosoft and joluke like this.
  6. gusar190

gusar190 Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for instant reply! So no BIOS setting can fix this problem? And if I decide to stay all as it is and will never put my system to hibernation mode all will be ok? How do you think?)

7. dsanke

dsanke Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    In my opinion , the EC firmware and hardware design are different from TM and DM series , so my modified BIOS is based on TM , it will have these bug.
    There is no BIOS setting to fix that. And if you do not use hibernation, you will have less probability to run into this problem.

8. gusar190

gusar190 Newbie

Reputations:
    Okay I understood. Seems like there is no completely free cheese in the world) What about this strange issue with videocard not displaying windows loading modes menu? Is this a known bug?

9. dsanke

dsanke Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I guess it because TM's BIOS was designed for Pascal and above , it's not known BUG , but I don't know how to fix it too.

10. gusar190

gusar190 Newbie

Reputations:
    I've heard about some Prema BIOS which is not free. Do you know something about it? Is it intended for use with 9xxx CPUSs? Sorry for my annoying questions, google can't help me here(