Official Coffee Lake Thread/BIOS For ALL SkyLake/KabyLake Clevo LGA1151 laptops

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. area1987

area1987 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hey all, Question for you guys, i have a 1060 (black pcb) in my clevo P750DM-G with bios version 86.06.2A.00.0B, which has GOP version 0x30003. Will i be able to update to GTX_1060_86.06.18.00.0A_N17E-G1 vbios or would i need a specific vbios to allow the bios upgrade?

2. MKazmer

MKazmer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I've seen a few people have problems with this mod and I'd like for it to go smooth when I do it soon. I assume most of the issues were from lack of following instructions, but perhaps there are things to consider outside of the instructions.

One thing I noticed was a RAM incompatibility. I currently have Hyperx 2x16GB 2400mhz. I don't remember who it was with the RAM issue, but I remember that switching to 1x16gb crucial RAM rather than 2x8gb hyperx solved it. Has anyone else had this issue with Hyperx or RAM stick size/quantity?

Are there any other incompatibilities or similar things to look for that I missed?

I am running a P750DM-G with GTX1060 and recently purchased a 9700K to run in it. My GOP version is 0x30004, so I will have to update that. Has anyone else with this setup ran into issues?

Other than that, I am curious how this BIOS compares with the Prema modded BIOS.

I realize I asked alot of questions. Any input on any of this will be appreciated. Preferably from those with the same setup.

3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    @John@OBSIDIAN-PC mentioned this to me about incompabilities in ram. Not something new to me.

4. MKazmer

Reputations:
    Do you know if I will have a problem with the 2x16gb 2400mhz hyperx? I'm just trying to minimize downtime since I'm going to be doing this on my main work laptop. It looks like Vengeance is working fine for you, so I will probably pick up a couple sticks to be on the safe side.

5. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm using 4x8gb of hyperx with no issues. You should be good to go. Backup the bios that you have now. If you run into issues, flash it back.

6. MKazmer

Reputations:
    Thank you

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    joluke likes this.
  7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    2400mhz is a rather low clock so I'd suspect a bad stick over incompatibility.

joluke likes this.
  8. MKazmer

Reputations:
    That's interesting about the lower clock rate effecting it. I will have to do some research on that. The set I'm using is 2400mhz at cl14. The other set I was looking at was 3000mhz at cl16. I want to minimize downtime. Would it be wise to get a faster set of RAM?

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    joluke likes this.
  9. anton strila

anton strila Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    we do still need 7th/6th gen cpu to update the bios itself before switching to coffee lake right?

10. Tryner

Tryner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes or use spi programmer

joluke likes this.