Official Coffee Lake Thread/BIOS For ALL SkyLake/KabyLake Clevo LGA1151 laptops

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. MadDoctor

MadDoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Looks like it is under the touch pad but requires disassembly of the laptop

2. MadDoctor

Reputations:
    I'll check it out. Hopefully I can get this fixed before next week.

3. MadDoctor

Reputations:
    I have the laptop disassembled but the computer I am using does not seem to recognize the skypro. Any tips?

4. joluke

joluke Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Reflashed the BIOS and used a dremmel to cut the metal under the keyboard for easy BIOS access. Apparently there was something wrong (dont know what) with my previous flash. Now TS detects the threads properly. Will post benchmarks today or tomorrow the maximum

Chastity likes this.
  5. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Noice :)

joluke likes this.
  6. joluke

Reputations:
    I'll post photos of the area cut around the chip. It's way easier to access the BIOS this way. Don't have to tear down the whole laptop lol. Tomorrow I'll post the benchmarks

7. ChrisSky

ChrisSky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Question : mine is w650kk1, about the gop version do i have to check it?

8. Tumultous

Tumultous Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Greetings,

I have attempted a flash via usb but it had sadly failed. i used the p7xxdmx bios for the Clevo P775DM3-G i own ( the one with i76700k) i am not sure of i chose the right bios since the dm3-g is not listed at all. What i had done is i followed the instructions from the readme and theb allowed rhe laptoo to reboot wothout the hdd and ssd in. it booted to no screen display. what i might suspect moghr be the cause is the fact that despite the card having the gop of 0x0..36 it has had an unlocked version of this bios woth a tdp of 210 watt and max limit of 240watt. i had unlocked the vbios by programming it after unlocking it with another poular guide on this forum. let me know if that could be the case. it shpuldnt since the bios was fully finctuonal befofe for 4 months. the other thing i also did was i did reset the bios before flashing to default settings. hope that wasnt the issue

my i76700k is already sold and im about to ship it out anf my i5 8600k will be there tomorrow. i have access tp a friend who has an spi programmer and owns a repair shop. what shpukd i do now?

can ypu help me abd tell me where the bios chip is on p775dm3? and if that laptop is even supported?

9. joluke

Reputations:
    The chip is in the middle, under the keyboard, under the chassis. Yes you will need to disassemble the whole machine and access the motherboard directly under the keyboard (taking out the keyboard only won't be enough).

I did cut the metal under the keyboard for easy access to the BIOS since disassembling is a pain in the ass.

Not at home or near the laptop at the moment but at night I'll post photos of the cut and where the BIOS is so you can flash it.

My laptop is out of warranty that's why I cut the metal, it voids the warranty. Later I'll post said photos

10. Tumultous

Tumultous Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    i am not even sure if i have warranty on it as its a second hand and bought in 2017 but i think i did find the chip. i disassemblee the whole thing. I am wary though since i did pull put ( i wqs very careful abd slow) some of the tape connectors from the power button and the wifi card. there is so many oesky screws. also i cant seem to be able to pry the part of th chassis at the back where the screen iw attached. it seems clasped and i was afraid to pry it open. my friend will do it since he's got the expertise. If You send the pics it will be of great help since there is a lot of chips that look like ecc or bios
    did You do the mod yourself? does coffee lake work on your laptop?