Official Coffee Lake Thread/BIOS For ALL SkyLake/KabyLake Clevo LGA1151 laptops

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Tulius

Tulius Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Btw testing in XTU I noticed some current throttling... how can I correctly configure XTU to gain more stability and maintain high performance? power limit.jpg
    @MrClippy can you help me to set right values in XTU for 8700K? Shall I use ThrottleStop program?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. nekomew

nekomew Newbie

Reputations:
    How do you guys able to recover the P750DM-G bios? I got a skypro usb programmer and a CH341A. But both unable to detect the bios chip. I flash the bios few weeks ago and ended up with no boot now.

joluke likes this.
  3. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    Hi friend. Can you help me please? I buy the CPU -8700 not K version for my P870KM modded, and my GPUs 1070 not started. I dont have any compability video card for flashing right bios. One of choice i have - desolder smd chip, flash, and solder back. My problem - i dont have dump vbios with right GOP version, can i flash with programmer as is topic vbios or i need full dump right bios? Thanks

4. Tulius

Tulius Notebook Consultant

Reputations:

Put your old CPU back(6700K?) into the notebook and see if it works again, if it works flash the right modded bios for your laptop version and if its all ok then replace for your 8700 CPU.

joluke likes this.
  5. eroldru

eroldru Newbie

Reputations:
    just installed an i5-8400 on my W650KK1 very successfully and enjoying the performance the 6 core 3.8GHz monster is giving me.
    I succeeded in undervolting to -160mV and everything is stable with 3.8GHz all cores while stressing. The performance boost is also noticeable in games. no more lagging to 40fps, just stable 60fps now.
    Thanks @dsanke great job!

dsanke likes this.
  6. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I install 6600k back and nothing change - gtx1070s not start 0 black screen, quadro m1000m starting in both changes CPU. i can not flash vbios with quadro because it is damage after 20-30 sec - white screen. GPU (m1000m) is overheating in another notebook. problem in my 1070 - wont starting screen...

7. kela777slk

kela777slk Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    hi. please help find vbios GTX1080 clevo 86.04.56.00.2D

8. MadDoctor

MadDoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    So i succeeded in updating the bios but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do the pin mod section on a 7700k. Any advice?

Edit: Maybe I did not succeed in updating the bios. I took the SSD out and it still won't boot. Not sure if it is because I don't know how to do the pin mod or the bios install failed.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  9. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    7700K does not require a pin mod. Only 8th gen (i7-8xxx) and 9th gen (ix-9xxx) CPUs going into boards/laptops with Z170 or Z270 chipset

10. MadDoctor

MadDoctor Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Okay, so that means the bios update did not take and my system is bricked, correct?