Official Coffee Lake Thread/BIOS For ALL SkyLake/KabyLake Clevo LGA1151 laptops

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. MrClippy

MrClippy Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Just wanted to give a shout out and thanks to @dsanke for the BIOS and @DaMafiaGamer for the guide.

I can confirm the P870DMx bios works with a P870DM3. I'm happily running a 8700K without much trouble. No bugs so far with audio and ethernet.

jclausius, sweepersc2, bennyg and 2 others like this.
  2. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I hunted through this thread after going through the readme and couldn't find the answer. I have an Origin-branded P750-DM2G (6700K, GTX 1060). Device Manager shows the ME driver version as 1828.12.0.1152. I've performed the VBIOS upgrade without issue, but I'm pausing before the next step:

From the readme, it sounds like the ME version is possible wrong, but even if that's not an obstacle, I'm uncertain which of the .bin files would match this model - the readme suggests the P7xxDM_10 would be correct, but I wanted to ask in case that was wrong, or the ME information suggests I'll run into trouble somewhere.

3. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What about G-sync? DO it works for you?

4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    If it's a dm3 non -g then it wont.

5. Fightar

Fightar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to get these bios installed to my N950KP6 running an i5 6500.
    I've tried three times now and everything seems to go okay until after the final reboot and I get a blue message saying bios has reset to default. Strange thing is I have dsanke's new bios splash screen, but my bios are completely vanilla.
    Anyone know why this is happening?

6. Fightar

Fightar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Alright, I got it working by starting from scratch and using the cannon lake bios from the newer thread. Went step by step again and I finally got that beautiful screen with all those delicious unlocked settings. Thank you dsanke. You are my savior. Once I get a few more things in order with this machine I'll post screenshots and stuff because there's almost nothing out there about the N950KP6.

7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOK's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Cannon lake?:D

8. Fightar

Fightar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Getting an error code 43 for my gtx 1060 that I can't seem to get rid of. I'm guessing this is a driver signing issue with these bios. Any ideas?

9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    have u tried reinstalling the gpu drivers with driver signature enforcement disabled? be sure to remove the old drivers first using DDU.

10. Fightar

Fightar Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Nope, still no good no matter what drivers I try. I know it's not hardware failure because the damn thing was working fine for a while with default bios.