Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I’m not too worried. I’ve dual booted Windows 8.1 as a contingency plan, but realistically I expect to ride out Windows 7 until Windows 10 or DX12 gets a killer app if it ever does.

joluke likes this.
  2. mirt81

mirt81 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Impression . . . no turn with 8700es ( PinMod was good) yet special UEFI s*cks feels like there something interchanged and there is compatible mode always present

Had dualboot on NVMEx4 for Windows and Debian both with own UEFI-Partition to chose over "Bi0s" wich 0s starts Up . . . deleted howl Windows stuff and would Clean install . . . for that i have to hide the DebianUefiPartition otherwise Windows will Push his StartEntrys in this and i have chose 0s after DebianBootloader is run . . . because i cant hide this Partition i Installed Unhiden and Windows ignored the DebianUefiPartition ( Surprising :) but Windows install crash and Debian crash also running Short time .

After MultiFlashing different "Self" moded bi0s with WinRaidTools i Flashed back to Stock Skylake Bi0s . . . Normal after NVFlash clean and that Stuff the stock Bi0s start in Pure uefi but yet it was in CompatibleMode ? All done with Programmer.

EC-eeprom ?

Hoply ds@nke find in my text some Ideas

Without using ds@nke Bi0s it can happen that by missing DS@NKE Bootlogo something is missing . . . muhaha :)

3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Why the h€l1 are y0u wr1t1ng like tHis@ @mirt81?

Type normally. Can't understand half of what you wanna say...

mirt81 likes this.
  4. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    His replies look normal to me. I’m not sure why you’re seeing some type of bastardized leet speak.

5. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    joluke likes this.
  6. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Well, not completely. In the Beyond3D forums one of the Microsoft employees on the DirectX team (Max McMullen I think his name was) clarified that it would be on a game by game basis, and it’s only partial support, so the best performance/visuals will still be seen on DX12 running in W10.

mirt81 and jaybee83 like this.
  7. mirt81

Reputations:
    Helpfull good Member i think ( Notebookreview - TechInferno)

Moloby: P870DM-G DSANKE BIOS | 4k | 8086k@4.5 (-150 uv) | Nvidia GTX 970m | HyperX 16GB 2667 CL15 | Samsung 850 EVO 256gb

can i ask if you using a modded EC-Firmware because i think P870DM-G is same SkylakeGeneration like P751DM-G and see your nice with an 8086 ? ! ?

8. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    P870DM-G isn't the same. Don't mix firmwares.

The EC is not moddable. Don't mess with the EC else you'll end up with a hard brick. EC isn't recoverable with a spi programmer. You need to desolder it and replace the chip.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yeah flashing that will give you s nice paper weight/door stop to block a door open with.

10. mirt81

Reputations:
    joluke likes this.