Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. HashiramaS

HashiramaS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Guys, is there a limit on total energy consumption in this bios? I bought a 330 watt power supply. Does the BIOS need to raise the limit from 230 watts to 330?

2. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    No, the system will draw what it needs. If you're exceeding the tolerance of your PSU, your PSU will trip and shut down.

joluke, Papusan and HashiramaS like this.
  3. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There is a total board limit in systems.

joluke likes this.
  4. Uftherr

Uftherr Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I reflashed the Dsanke BIOS just to get it to default settings. When booting for the first time, the settings seem to be fine mostly. I suspect that opening up the settings shows a few "default messed up" things that the computer doesn't actually use until you hit save, which is why last time my P870DM went into BIOS mode instead of UEFI. Am I right here? Is it my job to set up everything the way it should be, because Dsanke didn't optimize everything for every specific device (which would be understandable, of course)? I'm asking because I don't want the BIOS to make any changes to things like voltage and thermal control, etc. that could destroy the machine. And there are a lot of settings I don't know their function of.

5. Uftherr

Reputations:
    I'm sorry, I know I'm super annoying but once I get this running I'll stop bothering you guys...
    Inserted the 8700k (runs fine so far), installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. The installation process worked flawlessly.
    Now in desktop mode, I keep getting bluescreens. The most frequent one is MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, I also had SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, among others.
    I usually boot into desktop mode, the thing runs for about a minute or two, then the sad BSOD face greets me.
    I've checked every setting in the BIOS but it's absolutely loaded with functions.
    It surely would suck having to revert back to the original BIOS after all the trouble.

6. matyee

matyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    are the cpu pin tapes on the correct legs?

7. Uftherr

Reputations:
    Yes. I had the CPU running in my Z370 desktop board with the tape on the pins and it ran like a charm. And just to make sure, I checked again and the tape covers exactly the pins it should cover.

8. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Are you running the 9th gen CFL refresh BIOS from this thread or the 8th gen CFL BIOS that's in a separate thread (link on the first page or two of this thread) ?

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    i got a 8700k myself and the tape part was a bit of a hussle to cover, but never had any BSOD or even to reinstall windows! (P775DM3-G though)

10. Uftherr

Reputations:
    @bennyg
    Wait, so you say I need different BIOS for 8th gen CPUs? I thought this one has the microcode for every CPU from Skylake to Cannon Lake.