Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good old nVidia

kfxsti and Mr. Fox like this.
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Your license is still intact for the combo you purchased.

electrosoft likes this.
  3. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Then they should state when buying a laptop that Gysnc is a bundled hardware/software purchase. No where in anything I have read and or signed told me that prior to my purchase of the laptop. My bundle of Gsync approved Screen, Mobo and GPUS (My 1080s and 2080s) by law - should have remaind intact aslong as all three are and were originally "validated" and or "approved"
    Which as it stands right now, AGAIN.. They are side stepping their own current EULA by allowing other panels to be used. Lol . I see your side of it as you are tied in as a business aspect. BUT, because Your company nor any others list a disclaimer that state breaking the purchased combo will destroy your Gsync license- My point remains - I paid for a service/product with no information being presented that upgrading to an approved/validated component having the same service/product/feature breaks said service/product/feature. I want my Gsync license refunded and or fixed Nvidia and Or Clevo. Lol

joluke likes this.
  4. Chastity

Chastity Company Representative

Reputations:
    Unfortunately, the GSync system requires the combo to be whitelisted in BIOS in order to work. This is one reason why I will be extremely interested in future purchases to consider AMD Navi systems when available.

joluke likes this.
  5. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    That still deters the fact of either back tracking or straight up lying to consumers. Whichever way they want to eat it. Lol

6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I wouldn't worry about it much if i were you, they have done this (nvidia of course) ever since i can remember. They won't change because they are a monopoly. Hopefully 2020 will be the year AMD turns tables and starts doing their job correctly! and of course, will shup up nvidia once and for all

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    kfxsti and jaybee83 like this.
  7. Wibeja

Wibeja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Today I received my programmer, but I have no clue how to flash my vBIOS with it. Like I would like to know where my vBIOS is located, is it on the NVIDIA chip itself or somewhere on the motherboard?

8. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    vBios is in the gpu.

9. Wibeja

Wibeja Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    On the GPU I only see one chip that has 8 pins. Can I flash this with flashrom or do I need a different program to flash GPU's?

10. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You'll have to wait for someone else to help ya. I'm not the best person to help with flashing with a programmer since I'm not that experienced :)

Wibeja likes this.