Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. HashiramaS

HashiramaS Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I use the same software as before. Earlier there was a backlight. No, I did not flash EC, only dsanke BIOS.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  2. DaMafiaGamer

DaMafiaGamer Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Ok let me clear somethings up:

You DO NOT NEED TO flash the EC at all, the bios update takes care of that, even with the PXXX_RTX.rom bioses

If your G-sync option in the nvidia graphics panel disappears after flashing the coffee lake bios please flash the RTX bios it should reappear. Thank you @dsanke for helping me and others on this.

The fan tables and voltage control for the 9900k is fine now, check my benchmark ;) The 9900k has a -150mv underclock and with the 3 heatpipes it can be cooled, UNBELIEVABLE!

[​IMG]

Papusan and joluke like this.
  3. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    P870DM-G w/ 980 Desktop using both GPU fans.

I realize after upgrading to Dsanke, my second GPU fan is not spinning up. GPU is now hitting 88 vs 74 before under stress test (Supeposition)

Primary fan works as intended and hits 100% to try and keep the GPU cool

I tested an extra secondary fan and the same thing just to rule out a bad fan

I tested a second 980 I have and same thing.

Suggestions? The original 6700k is gone, so I can't flash back.

4. Hterag

Hterag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @DaMafiaGamer I've read through the first page and gone backwards through about half of the thread so far and I think I'm missing it. Which BIOS do I need with the P870TM1-G to run the RTX cards? In the Google Drive file I'm seeing two:

P870TM_B0511_67th.rom
    P870TM_B0715.rom

Is it either of those?

Thanks in advance.

5. albert.zweistein

albert.zweistein Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Hello, I'm considering eventuality to upgrade my P870KM1-G with the 9900K CPU from the 7700K. Originally I was thinking of upgrading other components to get the P870TM specs
    and found the Eurocom KM1->TM1 upgrade kit on ebay for 1.295 USD w/o CPU (which is quite expensive).

But later I found the possibility to use 8xxx and 9xxx CPUs on the older boards using the special bios and blocking 2 socket pins, which costs basically just the target CPU and seems to be preferred and successfully done by many people in the P870*** community.

I went through the whole this thread and some others, however I didn't find anyone comparing all the P870*** (DM, DM3, KM, TM) models CPU&GPU heatsinks to identify the best P870*** OEM cooling for the combination 9900K and dual GTX 1080s SLI.

I will not intend to run the 9900K more than 4,5 GHz, with undervolting -0,100 to -0,150 Volt I'd expect max watts consumption around 125 W according to benchmarks posted by some fellows already. I believe the 9900K are the last LGA 1151 backwards compatible CPUs which could be sort of cooled enough with the best P870 OEM cooling without heavy modding. If the 10th gen 14 Nm top model 10-cores will be still LGA 1151 - they may need about 160 W at 4,5 GHz. 10 Nm or even 7 Nm CPUs would help cooling drastically, but I don't believe they come to LGA 1151 socket or will be compatible with the 6th to 8th gen CPU designed laptops that we currently have.

I will not sacrifice my GTX1080 SLI in favor of a single RTX2080, in my opinion after seeing the benchmark comparisons, its not worth it. Perhaps in one or two more Nvidia generations the single card would beat the then ancient 1080 SLI, but again these cards may not be necessarily compatible with the discontinued P870 platform for whatever reason.

So, please help me with some thoughts about it:
    If going for the P870KM1-G 1080 SLI upgrade to 9900K may I keep the original heatsinks? Or should I get some better heatsink/vapor chamber from another SLI (TM?) model in order to improve the CPU cooling, would it be worth it anyway?

While doing the CPU replacement, it would be a good idea to replace the SLI GPUs thermal pads - should I try to get the brand new OEM thermal pads compatible with the selected heatsinks or buy some better thermal conductivity pads with a desired thickness?

Thank you

6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you sure you have a P870TM1-G? Can you take a photo of the sticker in the bottom of the laptop and post it here? The P870TM1-G supports coffee lake and rtx with the stock BIOS. What specs does you laptop have?

Hterag likes this.
  7. clevo-extreme

clevo-extreme Company Representative

Reputations:
    Hi. Is very easy to do it. You can stay with your old cooling system. Everything works without any problems. Just first check your vbios uefi version. Everything you find into this topic.

Fastest Customizable Gaming Notebooks & Mobile Workstations | CLEVO System Integrator

DaMafiaGamer likes this.
  8. Hterag

Hterag Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I'm sure it's the P870TM1-G but are you sure it supports the RTX 2080 with the stock BIOS? I know it supports Coffeelake already (using 8086K right now) but I thought it didn't support the RTX series.

I have a spare heat sink that I modded to support the RTX 2080 but haven't been able to test one yet.

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm pretty sure it does. Someone else can confirm it. Single gpu though not SLI

10. kfxsti

kfxsti Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    SoooOooo... My inquiring mind wants know why making the Switch from Sli 1080's with Gsync on my P870tm1-g to a RTX 2080 killed my Gsync?? And how the hell can I get it back ? Lol WITHOUT switching back to my 1080s lol