Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Captainflo22

Captainflo22 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thanks you Joluke!

joluke likes this.
  2. matyee

matyee Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Guys, my "km1 to tm1 mod" was successful, this 870 is a crazy good machine. I have put 8700 nonk+1070 inside, it is barely reaches 60degree!!! amazing.

I am considering to do the same with a evoc macihne, it is also km1, with premabios. Do I need to do the same process? I am considering to put a 9900KF inside, I have found a good chip. Do I keep the premaec or replace with offical ec and dsanke bios? I have contacted prema if he makes his for this evoc system, we'll see.

thx

ps: could someone give me a link / manual how the screen can be replace? (cable replace not needed just the screen)

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  3. bennyg

bennyg Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The hardware upgrade is basically only for the heatsink... The km1 can use the 9900k with the bios flash in this thread.

(An 8700 would have run just fine on the stock heatsink undervolted and a decent paste job I reckon)

For P870DM-G but basically the same.
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...p870dm-g-from-fhd-to-4k-picture-guide.787821/

joluke likes this.
  4. matyee

Reputations:
    Thx!
    My questions are the following:
    - should I leave prema EC on or put TM1 official EC om?
    - TM1 heatsink requires mod - what I have just learnt - Can someone give me a link how to do it?
    - with the km1 heatsink I highly doubt that 9900k could be ok with normal temps, any experiences here? (I have seen dafamaffiagamer thread with 870dm)

Thx in advance!

ps: yes, 8700 nonK with -80mV undervolt + eliminate core AD DC to 5 runs around 1,09V with amazing good temps - all cores @ 4,3Ghz (stock)

Last edited: May 26, 2019
  5. artpra

artpra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @dsanke
    I see a lot of developments on your side, which resulted is massive update for this BIOS. I can see them here -> http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5946737367?pn=14 but can`t download either instructions or the BIOSes itself from obvious reasons (geolocked outside from China mainland). Could you share it here too please?

We still don`t have clear step by step instructions regarding what to do to avoid black screen after USB flash (unlpug battery? AC power? when?), I think it`s quite important for newcomers. I saw them mentioned in this thread somewhere.
    Also, step by step instructions for TM conversion would be nice, in what flash order (BIOS or EC? which EC, 1st or 2nd?), EC files are missing from OP, etc.

dsanke likes this.
  6. matyee

Reputations:
    Hi,
    Could someone help why i cannot boot from usb dos? I have managed to upgrade km1 to tm1 bios but for tm1 ec i cannot boot from usb :( i made usb with rufus, i have used it some weeks ago it worked perdectly. I tried another usb stick, same :(
    Thx

7. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    set active partition with diskpart and disable uefi boot in bios.

google is your friend :)

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

joluke likes this.
  8. matyee

Reputations:
    Did both, not helped

9. jaybee83

jaybee83 Biotech-Doc

Reputations:
    have u tried directly booting from Boot submenu in bios selecting the stick? or going into boot menu instead of bios when booting (iirc bios if F2 and boot menu is F7 or F12) to again select the stick there.

what happens when it doesnt work? be more specific.

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Oxygen) using Tapatalk

10. artpra

artpra Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Ok, so I went ahead and flashed this BIOS for my P870KM1-G.
    I don`t have SPI programmer, so it was a little gamble here. Few months ago I flashed dsanke BIOS mod (previous 8th gen version) with my P870DM from EFI USB and ended with black screen. Had to buy SkyPro programmer, take DM apart and revive it with direct to the chip flashing. So this time I tried to deduce what to do, to aviod black screen by cutting of power after successful flash (as mentioned here and there by dsanke and others).
    So yeah, it works. No black screen. You only need USB pendrive, you don`t have to stress about programmer, here is what to do, step by step (modified instructions from @DaMafiaGamer OP, bolded entries are added):

0) Open your laptop and take out its battery
    1) Plug in your charger, enter the BIOS, change 2 values .
    a) Setup->Boot->UEFI Settings->UEFI Boot->Enabled
    b) Setup->Security->Secure Boot->Disabled (If you can not find this then you don't need to change it)
    2) Unplug all your drives including any SSD's and HDD's
    3) Put the EFI folder into your FAT32 formatted USB Flash Disk, now put the bios file into the EFI->Boot folder and boot your laptop through the USB.
    4) Wait for startup.nsh to execute, and then type "meset", press enter.
    5) Your laptop will auto reboot and the fan will run at high speed, THIS IS NORMAL, boot to the USB Flash Disk again.
    6) Wait for startup.nsh to execute, and then type "fpt -d backup.bin", press enter to backup your bios.
    7) Now type "fpt -f BIOS.bin -rewrite -y", press enter to flash new the cannon lake bios .
    8) Wait for flash to finish (you will see color text "(...) successful (...)" info printed on screen by fpt). DO NOT type "fpt -greset" and press enter now. Just unplug power cord, without battery it will hard shut off computer. Then insert battery again, plug in charger and turn computer on.
    9) You should successfully have the bios firmware updated, skip the below process and go to the pin mod section!

Happy flashing guys.

electrosoft, joluke and DaMafiaGamer like this.