Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    What bios? Where did you get it from? Did you contact them to help you get it resolved? Since they tested it and concluded it was 100 percent working and stable. And where is this bios chip you are trying to flash, located at?

Mapl likes this.
  2. Mapl

Mapl Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I did not find this bios very stable and reliable.
    So please be aware of the risks involved.

@crazyhippo I have some tips for you. I had the same problem.
    Let it restart for a while and leave it alone. Maybe it is searching for the right settings.
    Change a ramstick so it thinks it has to search for new settings.
    I did not use my laptop for a week and suddenly it just could boot.
    Maybe all power has to be fully drawn (from cmos and battery)

3. crazyhippo

crazyhippo Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    @Johnksss It is the bios in this thread, To locate the BIOS chip, I disassembled the laptop and found it under the palm rest, it is labeled as U12 on the motherboard, the number on the chip is AH1639 25B64CSIG. I searched around the forum and found someone has a different chip: MC25L6473F (http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-lga1151-laptops.821694/page-24#post-10822768), I am not able to find GD25B64CSIGR in the SkyPro software, so I selected MC25L6473F and I am able to read the chip's content, but I am not sure can I flash it as MC25L6473F. Thanks for your help.

@Mapl Thanks for the suggestion. I have the SkyPro SPI programmer ready for this, so I want to fix it soon instead of waiting.

4. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    Did you update your skypro?

5. crazyhippo

Reputations:
    I checked for updates, it says no updates. I also checked the web site, I already have the latest version

6. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    I guess the only thing left to do is flash. It can't get any worse. Unless you burn up the chip.

7. crazyhippo

Reputations:
    I read in another thread: http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-lga1151-laptops.821694/page-22#post-10818522, looks like Q series is compatible with B series, I tried in SkyPro with GIGADEVICE GD25Q64C and I am able to read the chip's content and it is the same content as reading from MC25L6473F, the MD5SUM matches. Since GD25Q64C is the closest chipset, I will use that write the bios.

8. crazyhippo

Reputations:
    It worked! Laptop booted with bios default values, will use Windows to set under volt value going forward.

bennyg likes this.
  9. Johnksss

Johnksss .

Reputations:
    You still need to flash it normally now...

10. crazyhippo

Reputations:
    I actually flashed the P870KM 9900K bin directly, so no need to go through the normal flash. If flashing the P870KM 9900K bios via the programmer didn't work, I would have tried flashing back to the original bios and go through the normal bios upgrade as you said. Luckily it worked this time.