Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. The_Overseer

The_Overseer Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Does nobody have any idea how to help for my question? It kinda got skipped...I'd be willing to try it if I could get W650KK schematics so I knew where the bios chip is, but...

2. Reciever

Reciever D! For Dragon!

Reputations:
    Skipped is harsh, if no one knows then silence is expected versus just telling you what you want to hear.

Probably going to need to test it yourself

3. The_Overseer

Reputations:
    I didn't mean it in a harsh way! I just. Yeaaaah.

I realize I got to this thread just a bit too late. I guess I'll keep looking for schematics. I have a SPI flasher and all, so I'm not worried on paper if I can figure out where the proper chip is. It's just I can't find the service guide either. I'll post back here if I can find it somewhere.

4. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Your model full name is w650kk1. Here is the service manual for it:
    https://mega.nz/file/PRo2ja7Q#V5vewml1GN-M7XUnb39eJBgc3Ozi6WvJavIufS6vIBs
    If you need bios/EC/photos from any model. They are available in here:
    https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror/W65xKK1KJ1/
    Username and password: repo
    All other models are available here:
    https://repo.palkeo.com/clevo-mirror
    That is a mirror maintained by a user. It's not from Clevo but all files are taken as they are in Clevo's e-channel.
    If you need any recent bios let me know. I got access to the official e-channel from Clevo and can provide you with said file
    Edit:
    This is the access to the official e-channel:
    https://www.clevo.com.tw/clevo_partners.asp?lang=en

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    KKthebeast, The_Overseer and Papusan like this.
  5. The_Overseer

Reputations:
    Oh my god. You are a ****ing LEGEND. Thank you so much, this is a MASSIVE help. I appreciate it immensely!

KKthebeast likes this.
  6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You're welcome. It's a pleasure to help the community

7. The_Overseer

Reputations:
    And thanks to your help, I bring good news.

Not only is my W650KK now running Dsanke mod, my goal of BGA1440 CPU on W650KK has been (mostly) achieved!

There's a small setback, mind you. Mr. Su's versions of the 1440 CPUs won't work for full usage because the bracket that usually would hold them down is blocked from being screwed down thanks to an unfortunately placed capacitor. However, there *are* other versions of the 1440BGA CPUs which will work just fine, judging by the looks. I just have to order them.

I was able to make BGA1440 CPUs work by taking Dsanke's BIOS mod for the W650KK1, running it through Coffeetime and changing the same places that changed from the original mod (at the beginning of the thread) and the versions Dsanke said would work with the 1440 CPUs earlier on.

I honestly didn't think it would work with my modifications. I was so unconfident in fact that I did a small case "adjustment" that would allow me to access my BIOS chip without disassembling the device.

However, it worked first try. Thank you again for the help, and for the people who made the mod, as well as Coffeetime (I probably should say thank you on Winraid too, for Coffeetime).

I'll post back after I rest and test individual features, like the sound issues with the mod I heard about.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    joluke likes this.
  8. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Good job

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I agree, nice work.

joluke likes this.
  10. The_Overseer

Reputations:
    Thank you to both of you! So far so good as well, audio works perfectly out the gate, though I forgot to check headphones.

Additionally, I checked just to see (I had a QQLS handy) if the laptop would support 8 cores even though it was listed for the original mod for only 6 (there was an option to modify that also in Coffeetime).

It does, though I probably won't use that for my final build because the Power Brick is a little small. But it's nice to know it's capable of it. Honestly, I'm insanely pleased with the results so far.

joluke likes this.