Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    @MatheusLopes 2 things I am aware of:
    1. The P870DMx has both a GTX BIOS and an RTX BIOS - You may need to reflash.
    2. The vapor-chamber heatsink may need some custom pads to fix the 2070, but it should be do-able. Use small putty balls on the components on the card to map and measure the necessary pad thickness, and then double check everything.

Papusan and MatheusLopes like this.
  2. razor0601

razor0601 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    the GTX 1080 arrived and is working fine out of the box.

Papusan and ViktorV like this.
  3. MatheusLopes

MatheusLopes Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wow! Thank you, are these files the latest Dsanke mod files to put on my laptop, I mean, in your link?
    just create DOS drive and plug on my laptop?

Also, I attached my chamber mod pic and 2070 chip, I dunno if it's the first or refresh version... Sorry...

I think there are too much thermalpads, but I also don't know Which ones i could remove...
    WhatsApp Image 2021-09-14 at 6.23.07 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-09-14 at 6.23.07 PM (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-09-14 at 6.23.08 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-09-14 at 6.23.08 PM.jpeg

4. ViktorV

ViktorV Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yes, bios mod for your model. You have a n18e-g2-a1 chip of the first revision, for cards the update chip is marked n18e-g1r-a1, so there will be no problems installing the driver. Remove the video card and attach it to the radiator and tighten the mounting bolts for more accurate positioning and inspection from all sides of the adhesion of thermal pads, while paying attention to how the video card is laid, there should be no distortions or kinks on it, it should remain flat. If you observe the bending of the video card board, then somewhere the gaskets of the wrong thickness are installed, usually this concerns the thermal pads of the VRM zone and the power chokes of the GPU chip, if this is the case, then select the thermal pads of the required thickness.You should also achieve the smallest thickness of thermal pads on the memory chips of the video card, since the thinner the thickness of these spacers, the better you will get a better fit of the heatsink to the GPU chip of the video card, which, in turn, contributes to better heat transfer and, as a result, lower temperatures on the video card. ... Reducing the thickness of spacers on memory chips is directly proportional to all other spacers on the video card. In general, the task is to achieve the most optimal fit of the heatsink to the GPU chip while maintaining a high-quality fit of the heatsink to the thermal pads of the remaining elements of the video card.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    MatheusLopes and Papusan like this.
  5. ViktorV

Reputations:
    Modification of the vapor chamber for RTX20 in our execution for the client.

Attached Files:

4W4K3, Papusan and MatheusLopes like this.
  6. MatheusLopes

Reputations:
    Wow! It's beautiful, did you sand and polish the vapor chamber? Nice job in this (in fact, I bought the RTX from a guy on Ebay, his name is Victor, similar to yours, I think he got his instructions from you, altough he takes his time to show me what to do and how to proceed, lol).
    Are the thermalpads you've shown in the pictures enough for the RTX? if so, I will try reducing on mine and check temps, as soon as bios works!
    I will try flashing the bios with the files you've send now, wish me luck! haha.

Thank you for helping so much, I hope everything goes smooth!

7. ViktorV

Reputations:
    No, my photos do not have enough thermal pads, you do not need to orient yourself to my photos. You now have a full set of spacers you want, just make sure they are all the right thickness. And yes, we always polish the contact areas after modification work, this gives a profit for better heat transfer.

Papusan likes this.
  8. ViktorV

Reputations:
    https://disk.yandex.ru/d/P9KBn05c71oPnQ I edited the BIOS mod loader, better use it, just drop the EFI folder into the root of the bootable flash drive, it should look like in the photo.andex.ru/d/P9KBn05c71oPnQ

Attached Files:

MatheusLopes likes this.
  9. MatheusLopes

Reputations:
    I boot the other way, copying files in the root of the bootable drive... I started my laptop with it for about 5 minutes, should I turn it off and try the new way you put in EFI? Also, how long should I wait to check if it worked or not (will i notice with a noise or anything?

Thank you

10. ViktorV

Reputations:
    Have you reflashed the BIOS yet?

MatheusLopes likes this.