Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    If you reflash the backup initially, at least you'll know that your backup (stock) is good (or not). Not sure how much disassembly is required in your case, but for my machine (750DM3G), all I had to do was remove the keyboard and the BIOS chip is exposed for easy recovery, so it wasn't too painful to experiment a bit.

Some of these programmers also seem iffy - I had one (looks very similar to your eBay one) that insisted it had successfully written the BIOS, but when I used the verify command in its tool, it would report mismatches. The board also got very warm after being plugged in a while, which made me nervous.
    The one I trusted more (before it developed an issue) was like this : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skypro-hig...205726?hash=item3378ee279e:g:YPYAAOSwxA1crcDC (except I ordered mine from Amazon for speed)

thewizzard1 likes this.
  2. thewizzard1

thewizzard1 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    My system is already a naked board - No problems here :)

I'm turning it into an AIO like the Asus ProArt Studiobook - Mounting the LCD where the keyboard goes, and right-angling the HDMI and power port on the bottom to point out towards the rear.

Poor old guy is all parts - Only the motherboard and keyboard were a good salvage, everything else is dinged / bottom-end / cut up spares from my now golden P870DM2.

Papusan likes this.
  3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    BTW the bios chip is not the one exposed directly under the keyboard. The bios chip is under the metal plate, under the keyboard. You need to remove the motherboard completely to access the bios chip in a P775DM3-G. I'm pretty sure you flashed the wrong chip.

See pictures of where the chip is located:

[​IMG]

A friend of mine did cut the metal to avoid full disassemblies in the future and easy access to it
    The advised bios chip flasher to use Is the TL866ii Plus to avoid issues or problems

4. philstopford

Reputations:
    The ESM for the 775DM3 board shows the board layout and the BIOS chip is located with the marked indicator (U16).

5. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    This model has 2 bios chips and the one I posted the photo is the one advisable to be flashed by a spi programmer

6. Tryner

Tryner Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    use tl866II plus because this programmer is very cheap.. ;)
    High Speed TL866II Plus Programmer USB EPROM EEPROM FLASH BIOS AVR PIC (ebay.com)

thewizzard1 likes this.
  7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Just edited 1.07.29 from dsanke with coffeetime 0.92 and it's working just fine with coffeetime fixes (128gb of ram fix, but cpu core sync and so on). Didn't try to change ME or even disabling it all together with coffeetime. If anyone wants it let me know. It has included the support for 9900kf and RTX and GTX

8. philstopford

Reputations:
    Your version has working Thunderbolt/USB? It would be useful, I think, to have available. I thought the previous 128 GB patch required the loss of some functionality, so I'm curious.

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    USB type c? Yep. Was fixed a couple of pages back. I'll post here a link for it as soon as I am in the laptop. Make sure you follow the first post instructions to flash it

10. philstopford

Reputations:
    Just to check, this also has Gsync support?