Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    Page 1 has everything you need to know.

Install Dsanke BIOS
    tape/cover two specific pins on 9900k
    Install CPU
    Win

Who did you buy your laptop from originally?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  2. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    The TM board doesn’t need pin modding as it’s already Z370. 9th gen just needs a BIOS update.

electrosoft and Mr. Fox like this.
  3. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Hi bro. Happy Sunday. Probably current limit throttling or power limit throttling, or both. The easiest way to tell is to use ThrottleStop or HWiNFO64 to load the CPU and see what the limit reasons are that are shown. ThrottleStop will also help you fix the problem besides confirming that is what it is.

4. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    You are a genius :) I started a throttlestop to check (here it is 1:10AM, I am tired so much) but finally all core went 4,1Ghz with P95. After 2-3 mins the cpu hit 88C, but it has not been delided, so there is hope :)
    Ahh, and it ate 125W@4,1Ghz all core...
    Where can I find a good TS tutorial? Too complicated for me :)

Mr. Fox likes this.
  5. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Awesome. Glad it was so simple. I thought it would be.

Look in the opening post of the ThrottleStop thread. Also look for a file in the downloaded archive.

The UI has changed recently, but the core principles of using it have been consistent for a long time. The "Disable and Lock Turbo Power Limits" is a useful feature to enable.

I haven't done one for a very long time, but you will find several videos on my YouTube channel that show how to use ThrottleStop. https://www.youtube.com/c/MrFoxRox2/videos

You will find newer videos than this on YouTube. Not much point in me making a new video today. I was making them when nobody else was and the need for it no longer exists. I started using ThrottleStop a very long time ago, but lots of people have more recently discovered that owning a laptop without ThrottleStop really sucks.

But, do not use XTU. If you have it installed remove it. It conflicts with ThrottleStop. Ignore that I am doing that in this older video since that was back in the day when using it didn't cause problems.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  6. donny439

donny439 Newbie

Reputations:
    I brought my TM870 from ebay user. It is an OriginPC laptop. It was a great buy at the time and still is now. I don't game as much but i do use it a lot for various things like video encoding and game streaming. The CPU upgrade is probably the last upgrade i can do to increase the performance. I thought about doing the 2080 gpu upgrade but that requires some extra modding from what i read in the forums. I also thought about doing a nvme raid 0 setup but the performance gains looked minimal in the reviews i saw. Thanks electrosoft & yrekabakery for the super fast response. Hopefully i don't brick my system lol. I'm going to sell the 8700k once i finish the upgrade.

7. electrosoft

electrosoft Tick Tock Clarice....

Reputations:
    If this is your only system, you could always order a eprom programmer as a safety net and if you do brick it, you can take it apart and manually flash the BIOS chip.

If it is a secondary/non-critical system you can flash first and then order one if things go south.

8. Shreyas Shetty

Shreyas Shetty Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    what is the command to back up only ME FW? and also the command to only flash ME FW not the whole Bios file? @joluke @dsanke

9. senso

senso Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    -ME, but its usually locked to write in the ME region and you need an hardware programmer.

10. Shreyas Shetty

Shreyas Shetty Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2020