Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. leo758

leo758 Newbie

Reputations:
    thanks for your answers.
    Did try that but no difference.

Didn't check the PSU (2x 330W w/ adapter), i'll do it.

2. Dixonism

Dixonism Newbie

Reputations:
    @joluke Hi, I noticed you said you got your USB-C ports all working by downgrading the BIOS version to 1.07.24. I'm using a P870km with BIOS 1.07.15 installed and neither USB-C ports work. I wonder what was your BIOS version before the downgrading? Was it v.25? Are there any downsides that you notice through downgrading? The folder "Clevo ALL 9th (16-05-2019)" you uploaded contains all the v.24 BIOS, right? Thanks a lot!

Does anyone else have USB-C/Thunderbolt issues? Please share your solutions/thoughts. Appreciate it.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Mr. Fox likes this.
  3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I had this one before downgrading to 1.07.24 in my P775DM3-G:

https://prnt.sc/tsihdu

Its a modified BIOS from P775TM1-G adapted to my P775DM3-G

Please keep in mind these are different generation of laptops and BIOS features being modified can work in some and not work in others!!!

4. Dixonism

Dixonism Newbie

Reputations:
    Thanks for your reply. I just realized that my BIOS is already on the fairly early May-2019 version and cannot be downgraded any more. The BIOS I have is P870KM_RTX.rom v1.07.15. I might give the non-RTX v1.05.11 a try to see if USB-C ports work. Meanwhile, I wonder where did you find the newer version of BIOS, like your 1.07.26? The BIOS in the OP seems to be still on the May-2019 version, and I have gone through dozens of pages and have yet to find a newer version of BIOS for my P870km.

5. Dixonism

Dixonism Newbie

Reputations:
    USB-C issue.
    No USB 3.1 Host controller in Device Manager. Laptop: P870km-g, BIOS: P870KM_RTX.rom, v1.07.15.
    I notice that if my USB-C drive is plugged in during booting up, the USB-C drive will be recognized by the laptop just fine and USB 3.1 Host controller shows up in device manager. But once it is removed, it won't be recognized after plugging back in, unless I do another restart with the drive plugged in. I thought it had something to do with the BIOS. But now it feels like some windows driver problem with the new win10 2004 version.
    @KKthebeast I saw the same issue has been posted by you on P139. I wonder if you had this issue before upgrading to win10 2004 version? Have you resolved this issue now?

Mr. Fox likes this.
  6. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Why not just downgrade (which is actually an upgrade) to see if getting rid of W10 2004 cancer fixes it? Then you would have a very definitive answer that would benefit you and others. If it does we can add your problem to massive list of unacceptable atrocities associated with W10 1903, 1909 and 2004. You've nothing to lose and everything to gain. You can make an image of your current Windoze 2004 in about 15 minutes with Macrium Reflect free edition and if upgrading to an older version of W10 doesn't fix it you can restore the image in about 15 minutes.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 Download

7. Dixonism

Dixonism Newbie

Reputations:
    I would if I could. I upgraded to win10 2004 version months ago and didn't notice any issue, so I just deleted the windows.old folder using the Disk Cleanup. Now I couldn't roll back to previous versions of windows. Thank you for your suggestion though.

8. donny439

donny439 Newbie

Reputations:
    Good Day Everyone,
    I'm looking to upgrade my P870TM_TM1 laptop from i7-8700K to a i9-9900K. My bois is the default Bios my laptop came with ( AMI 1.05.02 dated 10/13/2017 ) What would i have to do to upgrade the CPU? I already maxed out the ram at 64gb and installed 970evo nvme drive. Is it just a plug and play or do i have to install a new bios? Any help would greatly be appreciated.

9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    Sure you can. No need for the Windows roll-back feature. You should never be reliant on that capability anyhow because the process is inherently unreliable. It only takes a few minutes to create a Macrium Reflect image and do a clean install of an older version of Windows? If it doesn't work, it only takes a few minutes to restore the image. If it does work, then your problem is solved.

10. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Mr Fox,
    Could you help what the issue could be?

Finally I have managed to upgrade my 751dm2 with 1.07.24 RTX dsanke bios! I have bough an intel QQBZ cpu, which is almost an i9 9900 with lower clocks (4,4-4,2). The issue what I have, that under stress the cpu is stuck at 2,6Ghz. The only bench I have managed to keep the original clock (4,2@all core) is the cpu-z bench. With that the cpu used 100W+, so it seemed fine. With CB15 the scores were also poor, all clock 2,6ghz. P95 same :( What could be the issue? Thx!