Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. aceoyame

aceoyame Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Managed to find a different version of nvflash and got the non gsync bios to flash. That outputs to the LCD but throws a code 43 error and the gsync version doesn't flash with it

2. aceoyame

Reputations:
    Looks like with driver 375.50 it works? Wonder why that is, now to see if I can get newer ones going

3. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    How much time does it get to POST?

4. aceoyame

Reputations:
    It takes a standard length of time, it's a fast post. Apparently using a different version of nvflash with the non gsync bios worked and I have my lcd now, any driver newer than 378.92 makes it throw a code 43 error.

I did note that with the stock bios my lcd was being seen in the Nvidia control panel as a display port connected screen rather than the type being laptop LCD like it says now.

Gsync would enable with the g-sync bios. I did also note that the 1060 g-sync bios when I tried to use that version of nvflash, the vendor and board IDs are way different. Like 1558 instead of 10de

5. IllusiveMan

IllusiveMan Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Never seen this type of card in a p751dm yet.
    Could even be that config resistors play a role in this case.

6. leo758

leo758 Newbie

Reputations:
    Hi there.
    I've done the flash (the 2nd times) and it works fine, thanks. But the first time i did it i flashed the wrong chip, so I flashed this one under the GPU witch is exactly like the BIOS one. Could someone (who got a p870km) send me the good firmware for this chip ?
    PC: Clevo p870km1 sli GTX1080 7700k 64GB 2To PCIe.

7. aceoyame

Reputations:
    Looks like 1558 is clevos vendor id from what I found. Meaning the bios has to be over riding the ID's from the board. I wonder if I can find a clevo 1060 vbios that'd work on it.

Also looks like I do in fact have a non gsync card according to the device IDs I'm pulling as well. Not sure why the stock had it enabled

8. harkaz

harkaz Newbie

Reputations:
    I have tested your 1.07.27 modded BIOS today on P775TM1-G, and noticed that disabling ME from unlocked BIOS Setup options will prevent system from starting.
    In addition, I have noticed that running mesetx64.efi from UEFI shell will disable ME until next boot (system must be powered off).
    May I suggest analyzing this program in IDA and integrating any necessary changes in a future modded BIOS, if possible, so that ME can be properly disabled in BIOS Setup?

9. Lightning_-

Lightning_- Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Wow I gotta try this on my P7700-DM, i76700k. Means I gotta sacrifice my laptop's current prema bios. Anyone tried it on a Batman machine, and if so, how were the thermals?

10. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    the 7xxDMx_rtx version works with 751dm2? It is the same as the 775dm3?
    - 120 chi mei or auo 3.1 144hz gsync
    - 1080gtx no nvidia inf. mod
    - sound etc works?
    thx a lot!