Official Coffee Lake Refresh Thread/BIOS for ALL Clevo Laptops - RTX CARDS NOW SUPPORTED

Discussion in 'Sager and Clevo' started by DaMafiaGamer, Oct 25, 2018.

1. philstopford

philstopford Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I used the 1.07.xx BIOS from the initial archive in this thread; works beautifully to get g-sync back with the 9700K. Thanks for the advice. I am always nervous about the firmware update so this was a huge relief. Thanks again.

joluke likes this.
  2. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Glad to help

jc_denton likes this.
  3. qon

qon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can anyone confirm that with this BIOS a 9900KS works in a P775-DM3?
    I flashed the firmware (and also the GPU vBIOS) successfully, and the laptop is working flawlessly with the 6700K I was using before.
    When I plug in the 9900KS with the pin mod, the screen stays black and the laptop shuts itself down after about 1 min.
    When I put the 6700K back in, it works again.
    Unfortunately, right now I lack a compatible mainboard to test the 9900KS. It is brand new and broken CPUs are extremely rare in my experience bu who knows.
    I'll pass by a friend to test the CPU there in the next days, and will also test another 9-series CPU in the laptop.
    Is there something I could do wrong or am I missing something? Any idea is appreciated.
    In any case thx a lot for the BIOS and instructions! Flashing worked flawlessly. It's great to have people out there helping the community.

4. matyee

matyee Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Are you sure that the pin mods are right? There is another bios however that one is not compatible backwards, so if you do not have programmer do not flash in it, as you cannot go back if the KS does not work.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  5. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Read the excel which bios are compatible with which cpus

6. qon

qon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Thx for the reply. I don't know if I miss something, but in the Excel I do not see any particular CPU models. I am using the P7xxDMx.rom, which should be compatible to 9th series coffee-lake refresh CPUs, if I understand correctly.
    In the meantime, I have verified that the 9900KS works correctly in a Z370 desktop board.
    And, I have tried a 9600 CPU with the pin mod in the laptop, which worked well.

I did the pin mod on the 9900KS 3 times from scratch, so I am quite sure it is done correctly. I also took some pictures and magnified them to verify it, and it was also working on the 9600.

So my conclusion is that the BIOS works for the 9600 but not for the 9900KS. I have seen some posts stating that the 9900K works. Perhaps it works only for 9900K but not for 9900KS?

7. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    When you open the excel scroll up to see the compability of cpus

8. qon

qon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Are we talking about the excel same sheet? I am looking to the one included in the "BIOS Clevo ALL 9th.zip", and it lists bios file, compatible clevo models, and whether it is compatible to 6/7 gen CPUs. Is there another list which particular 9th gen CPUs are supported?

9. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Try this BIOS since it's modified from TM1 for the P775DM3-G:
    P7xxDMx_RTX.rom

10. qon

qon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    OK, thx for pointing that out, I was thinking about that already but was wondering whether it would work with my GTX 1080.

joluke likes this.