*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. CedricFP

CedricFP Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    I agree with the idea that no amount of vapour chamber when limited by the X170's dimensions is going to successfully keep a 10900k at max turbo on a 100%cpu load, but I think recommending a 10600k might be a little short sighted at the moment if only because of the next generation of consoles being 8-core 16-thread equipped.

I honestly believe the minimum core count going forward for any kind of longevity in gaming will be 8-core as game developers are able to leverage the new generation of console's power, and let's face it, most AAA games coming to PC are console ports.

Papusan likes this.
  2. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Like I said 10600K is currently enough, however if someone got the extra cash to make it more future proof then I would also recommend the 10700K.

3. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Still no info regarding this?

So far the only 240 hz 17.3 panel that I found is the AUO B173HAN05.0 (AUO509D) IPS panel. This panel has 10 ms black2white and 16 ms gray2gray meaning that refresh rate is higher, however response time is about the same as the currently used 144 Hz AUO panel which means that ghosting/microstutter can be expected to be seen at gray/snowy areas which can be annoying for games like The Division.

I would be happy also with a 144 Hz panel if Clevo finally would decide to throw out the currently used AUO B173HAN03.1 144 hz IPS panel which has about 10 ms b2w and 18 ms g2g and use the 144 hz IPS AOU B173HAN03.2 panel instead which has 10 ms b2w but 6 ms g2g so some areas would look smoother.
    On BIOS side it just an extra line to be added to the white list, so there are no extra production and development cost.

Update:
    I have found the answer and I can confirm that Clevo will use the only 240 Hz panel available on the market, which is the AUO B173HAN05.0 (AUO509D) panel with 240 Hz refresh ratge and 16 ms response time.
    So far only the Gigabyte Aorus 17 YA used this panel which did not have G-Sync, however Clevo claims that they got it G-Sync certified.

Regarding the 144 Hz panel ... no info yet but I guess they will reuse the AUO B173HAN03.1 one.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    jc_denton likes this.
  4. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    I also have a question regarding the adapters.
    here are the 2x 230W used for the X170:

[​IMG]

The question here is that will Clevo include this plastic binding which holds them together by default in every box with the chassis and adapters or Clevo is just using that in house and at expos to show off what we cant have?

Not that its mandatory its just anything free is nice :D

Terreos and jclausius like this.
  5. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    P870TM1 has been officially EOL for a while now, so when the last stock is gone, it's gone for good. And even then, you need the Prema bios to make it shine, so it's a fair to say it's becoming a rare commodity, much like an old muscle car. But it still supports 9900K/9900KF/9900KS and RTX20x0/RTX20x0SUPER with the Prema bios. :)

The 9900KF I have is a random off the shelf buy and closer to a regular K volt/freq curve wise. So I wouldn't say that purely silicon lottery dictates whether P870TM1 can run a 9900Kx cool, but argue that it's more dependent on the amount of work you put into it, making it work. ie. die lapping and modding the heatsink. Granted this is no longer out of the box performance, but it's way past only "produce slightly better temps". Depending on what your use case is, it is possible to game <70c. But you can certainly overwhelm the thermal solution by stresstesting, but that's a different discussion.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

joluke and Papusan like this.
  6. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    Not sure how much you can share, but any pictures/numbers are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Papusan likes this.
  7. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    MSI is BGA.... No go! Dell DGFF use own ticking bomb. A lottery. I can’t see better options than Clevo for now.

Terreos, jc_denton, joluke and 3 others like this.
  8. sniffin

sniffin Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Yep agreed. Never said the GT76 is perfect, I never even talk about it. My argument has always been that DGFF does not make the A51M worth buying. I had the option of buying one, but never did because I wanted a computer that didn't have the issues A51M has (which are many).

Yep. If you want LGA and socketed graphics, X170 is the ONLY good choice. I'm 100% certain that the A51M R2 will be the best selling DTR in the future though, because marketing is all that matters.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    jc_denton, Papusan and jclausius like this.
  9. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    You mean 2x280w power bricks. Who do you think this is? Dell?;)

HIDevolution has that little power brick holder pictured too so it looks like they’re a standard out of the box extra. Nice touch if you ask me.

jclausius, jc_denton, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  10. Zunexxx

Zunexxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The X170SM-G uses new 280w adapters, 2 of those to be exact, they weight a bit less than the old 230w adapters

jc_denton, Papusan and Darkhan like this.