*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Me either. But from what I've gathered from the few people that have delidded 9900k in there Area 51m it was almost a requirement to keep it cool. So most likely gonna be that same story with a 10 core cpu. Hence why I'm waiting for HIDevolution to get these in stock so I can get a delidded CPU right out the gate. If the 10900K is too much to cool I'll step down to the 10700K.

But, why would you use a machine that you NEED to find tricks to work around a flawed software crippled machine? The R1 had alot of promise at launch. But over this last year they really did their best to cripple the laptop instead of fixing the issues. The X170 is looking like it will be able to do everything the 51m R2 can do but better. Plus it doesn't have the proprietary dell mxm cards and looks like it uses standard versions. Which means so long as future GPU's have the same format you could update the X170 to a new GPU. The upgrade kits for Dell are gone. So if you wanted to get a new GPU for your 51m you can't. I'll be keeping a close eye on the 51m. I love the look. I just don't love the company selling them.

raz8020, jc_denton, bsch3r and 2 others like this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    EVOC High Performance Systems P870TM-R - 17.3 - i9-9900K - RTX 2070/2080

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...-g-owners-lounge.831618/page-77#post-11023403

If you want RTX in SLI for your benching addiction you can do that as well...
    https://hwbot.org/submission/413469...ke_2x_geforce_rtx_2080_(notebook)_31945_marks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  3. Zunexxx

Zunexxx Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    The AW51m r2 uses a large vapor chamber with bigger fans. The thermals are quite a bit better than the last revision. Tbh, from the testing we did, I can say it has been better than the X170SM-G test unit. I can’t say any more info about the 51m now, but Clevo needs to do better than what they have done, or else X170SM-G may be a tough sell.

P.S the X170SM-G just needs a vapor chamber for the cpu to solve a lot of issues.

raz8020, jc_denton, bsch3r and 2 others like this.
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I think the 10 core would certainly appreciate it.

raz8020 likes this.
  5. bsch3r

bsch3r Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    WOW! thanks bro, didn´t know such a thing exists. However, if you want modern small bezel design, newest cpu gen, high refresh screen (240-300 Hz) it gets difficult. I think at this point the P870 line is done. We will have to wait and see if the x170 is really superior to the R2. And then I´m wondering if MSI may come out with a new Titan. Clevo hasn´t won the race yet, in fact it hasn´t even started ;-)

raz8020, jc_denton and Papusan like this.
  6. Papusan

Reputations:
    I can't see MSI will change direction. The GT76 need full re-design to fits MXM graphics. Won't happen. Nothing from their promo showing or naming upgradeable graphics https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GT76-Titan-10SX

What they offer is a refreshed Jokebook with a normal Cpu. Only LGA socket won't change the facts...
    [​IMG]

Regarding what will come from Dell... Same locked firmware and proprietary Apps instead for advanced settings in bios..

Everything is better than what will come from MSI.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2020
  7. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    Upgradability has been quite good actually, RTX 2080 and 2080S work in the P870, even after it's officially been EOL'd, as well as 9900Kx and 9900KS. And you have ram speed going several hundreds over official spec, 3000>3700MT/s. And I expect panels above 144hz will be swappable once they become available. Not a bad for a 3 year old chassis, and that's not even mentioning brother @Papusan s P870 that sports a 9900K on a z170 chipset :) It's not a perfect machine true especially with the heatsink lottery, but @Prema liberates these machines from cancerous firmware and allows them to truly to spread their wings and reach their full potential. While the other party only tightens the firmware bolts tighter with each bios rendition.

The community behind these machines makes a big difference, we do not keep rolling back and forth the bios updates is hopes of extra performance. We find real ways to further improve upon the existing chassis and work out the factory kinks. Be it the custom heatspreaders, 3rd party fans, watercooling, vaporchambers, hardware mods or tiny bios tweaks. Which I really enjoy being a part of and being able to contribute.

8. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Hint hint? Wink wink? o_O

9. Papusan

Reputations:
    Yeah, the two more cores than intended need it’s cooling.

jclausius and jc_denton like this.
  10. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Especially two power hungry cores.

Falkentyne and Papusan like this.