*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. DreDre

DreDre Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I would have bought it but that $200 shipping cost was the deal breaker. I wanted it bad but since Prema bios isn't officially out I was skeptical about the bios as well and wat you could have been doing with the notebook. Sounds like you have a good plan for it though going forward . Nobody is selling the rtx 3080 mxm GPUS as of yet as a single purchase. Since you have a source to get one that sounds cool.

raz8020, Papusan and Clamibot like this.
  2. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

200 shipping was to protect you and me from any damages that may have occurred during shipping or even theft but no buyer saw it that way. 200 was full insurance on it. I've already been robbed by usps for 3k I wasn't gonna lose out another 3k (original price I paid for laptop). If your a person who can purchase a 2k machine and risk all on a company then thats on you. Yet if that said company would of lost the machine or broke it you would blamed the seller. You would have asked for a complete refund and the seller would have lost out on the cash. Yet you would pay that 200 shipping from a company who would have sold it you. Like hid or such. Makes no sense

Prema bios is official on my laptop. It's a personal edition it was not stolen or anything. I would never steal his work.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    jc_denton, Terreos, raz8020 and 3 others like this.
  3. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    I'm guessing that the $200 is included in the price for the machine from resellers.

You could do the same thing so potential buyers don't see the shipping as an extra separate (and in their minds unnecessary) fee. This way, the price of the laptop is just the price of the laptop without an extra shipping cost in the eyes of the buyer. If you do this, they will be pleasantly surprised if you give them money back. You're not hiding the shipping cost, you're just including it in the price of the laptop.

It's a psychology thing that puts you in a more favorable light in the buyer's mind even though the cost isn't any different. Try lumping everything together into a single package cost and see if that gets you more buyers. If people see extra fees on top of what they already have to pay, it's a real turn off to them.

Most products definitely have hidden costs that are lumped into the product's price. However, we don't see them, so we're ok with just paying the one price we see. Try this approach.

4. JCordero31

JCordero31 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

i did do this. i set the shipping free at one point and lumped it with price.....Then i got can you do 2000 or 2100 shipped or could i chose the carrier you ship from and the most ridiculous one i got was can you overnight free. I couldnt win anyway people dont wanna pay.

hid...didnt do this ground shipping was 158 bucks for me when i went to purchase

Terreos and Clamibot like this.
  5. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    I shipped a couple of things to Spain that were not cheap to post but it did work out ok.

Terreos, JCordero31 and Papusan like this.
  6. Joe4zio

Joe4zio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did you kindly ask Prema for it ? :)

7. Joe4zio

Reputations:
    Is there any way to remove scratches on the display lid ? the black , uhm, paint I suppose, got removed slightly by those lines and would like to restore it

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Plastic is tricky... You could out a skin over it.

9. Joe4zio

Reputations:
    isn't the closing lid metal? it kinda feels like it.
    True I could but if possible I'd like to restore it

10. LunaP

LunaP Dame Ningen

Reputations:
    Wow, def woulda bought that, already looking at a delidded 10900k option with the 3080 now since 2080's out, just hoping its not to power throttled. HID seems to be the only seller left that offers it.