*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Entropytwo

Entropytwo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Which cpu do you use and what's your gaming temps? I returned mine due to too loud fans, perhaps premas and donalds x170 can get those quieter?

2. Colorme

Colorme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I’ve used both the stock BIOS and now own true Prema version. Huge difference for the better with Prema.

Laptops were the same, i9-10900k, 64GB RAM, RTX 2060.
    Stock is fast, and when using CPU intensive programs, the jet fans turn on. Which is almost every time you use it, unless you’re just browsing or checking your email.

For me, CPU intensive programs running at the same time are: photoshop, Adobe illustrator and acrobat, 20-30 Chrome tabs, Word, and Jarvee.

The Prema version seems faster. Must be the i9-10900k unlidded cherrypicked all binned 5.0 processor. With @Mr. Fox and zTecpc goodies.
    It is noticeably faster, and when using CPU intensive programs, the fans almost never come on.

Prema makes a big difference, not the end of be all, but a big difference.

electrosoft, raz8020, Mr. Fox and 4 others like this.
  3. Entropytwo

Reputations:
    What kind of temperature drop did you experience?
    Due the 2060 being capped at 115w it shouldn't have been too high before as well right?

4. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    10900k delidded

@Colorme hit the nail on the head with his explanation. But when I had the CPU overclocked to 5.0 all core it was in the 80’s in games. Pushing 90 in Cyberpunk. I run it stock right now and I’m actually gonna be messing with it again these next few days. But it runs rather cool during games at stock. 70’s on the CPU and 60’s for the GPU.

Prema bios lifts a lot of limits and keeps the machine from throttling. @Mr. Fox ‘s mods and delidding really help tame the CPU. @B0B said it best in his video. ZTecpc is the best place to get it as out of the box stock this thing throttles baaaaad.

5. Entropytwo

Reputations:
    Mine back then wasn't throttling at all, the only throttle was me capping it at lower ghz to kill fan noise, at that point however a regular turdbook was superior for half price.

4.7ghz was running at 85 degrees, gpu at 72 during dayz

Donald@zTecpc and Terreos like this.
  6. Terreos

Terreos Royal Guard

Reputations:
    Yeah I can safely say mine runs higher boost while running a good 5-10 degrees on the GPU and CPU respectively. Plus my GPU runs a +75mhz core +800mhz memory overclock.

7. Colorme

Colorme Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    On the stock bios it ran into the 90s C, under a 70 degree F office.

With the Prema bios, stays around 78-80 C. Sometimes just the low 70s C.

8. M17XR42012

M17XR42012 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I can only comment on a few things..... I have a closet with rack servers and a Dell Powervault so if you are use to the noise from fans in actual rack servers, the fans on the X170 is similar when they are on high, but when you don't need the fans, it is as quiet as a normal laptop. As far as 4k..... I have the RTX2070 and the 4k 60hz screen. I only occasionally game so it is not a big deal to me, but I will be upgrading to a faster 4k screen when it is available .

Donald@zTecpc likes this.
  9. joker33

joker33 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Any news yet whether XMG and PREMA have made progress in the conversation becoming a PREMA partner?

raz8020, Donald@zTecpc and Mr. Fox like this.
  10. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox BGA Filth-Hating Elitist

Reputations:
    I haven't heard anything other than the speculation/rumors mentioned by others. If @XMG hasn't commented to say it is not true, then anyone's guess is as good as mine. I haven't asked @Prema because (a) I don't want to put him in an awkward position because we are friends, and (b) I don't want to have to keep a secret if the rumors are true but not appropriate for public disclosure.

Papusan, Clamibot, raz8020 and 4 others like this.