*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. G46VW

G46VW Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I understand by the thousands of posts you have on this forum that you dont like BGA laptops and I get it but this is a mobile community that loves laptops in general. Why not take your hate for the laptop market over to some desktop forums where it will be appreciated more. I have owned many nice BGA laptops that I enjoyed over the years. Yes, im looking for a nice desktop replacement atm which are hard to find but is it really necessary to continue to crap all over people that just like laptops in general, BGA or not? It doesn't feel good reading your posts as a laptop enthusiast. In times of need we need to stay positive, bring some positivity to the mobile community, getting people excited about laptops BGA or not is what makes this a fun hobby in the first place. Hearing someone complain in the corner every time we come on to a forum is not. You have been a great asset to the community over the years with videos and reviews but I come to this forum to hear some positive news about are hobby's that we love. That is all i have to say.

jellygood likes this.
  2. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    If only there was a way to scroll past messages you don't want to read or ignore users you don't want to see.....if only....

I know I'm not alone, but I appreciate Mr. Fox's direct, frank nature along with his vast community input helping users and projects.

There are a few (who doesn't have at least a few) users I tend to just scroll by without reading their messages. I tend not to ignore users, but I know I have the option. I've seen some longtime members get banned and while I didn't agree with everything they had to say, I always had the option to ignore or scroll.

You can do the same.

3. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
  4. G46VW

Reputations:
    I dont appreciate it at all, not when everytime I come here I have to read it. Iv been on this forum for many years, I know how to use the ignore feature on this site as its used often. Life is already frank and direct enough, when we as customers come here to read up on the latest hardware and news we dont want to listen to you guys crapping all over are purchases. Start your own forum about how much you guys hate the new products coming out if you want to but this is a public forum with respectable people. We talk about respectable topics just like in real life.

Listen im not trying to start a fight with you guys, I understand whats going on here. Im trying to find a decent DTR my self as my BGA stuff is breaking on me but im not sitting here complaining about it to everyone dragging and ragging on everyone. Anyway, I wont say anything more about it I just thought I would bring it up as everytime I come on here I have to cringe when I see more crap about BGA laptops.

5. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    With critical thinking you do judgement calls, which is important since we all do it and make descisions based on them. Not to mention that you should not just blindly praise everything that you get servred from companies. So don't drink the kool aid and look at things objectively, there are flaws both with BGA and LGA laptops. But actively trying to ignore the facts is a bad way to go around this, especially in real life.

[​IMG]

6. MartinMac1982

MartinMac1982 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Did I see someone post in the earlier pages that Clevo have now discontinued the p870 series, I'm the proud owner of a p870dm-g but was starting to look at upgrading it to an RTX version. (Currently dual 908m's in sli).

Has it been confirmed that Clevo are not going to make a p870dm follow up series with RTX cards??

7. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Yes the series was officially discontinued with the death of SLI.

8. G46VW

Reputations:
    sorry man, Im just a laptop enthusiast reading a forum. Have a great one guys!

raz8020, Papusan and jc_denton like this.
  9. jc_denton

Reputations:
    It's all good, just saying you should look at both sides.

raz8020 and Papusan like this.
  10. jc_denton

Reputations:
    There might be some glimmer of hope for the x170 @Papusan , since the 10 core will share the unified heatsink with 2080S, which looks like it will run cooler that the regular 2080 since it uses low voltage gddr6. And that's quite an improvement when you compare it to a 1080. Not optimal, but as we know every little bit can help.