*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Frits@LaptopParts4Less

Frits@LaptopParts4Less Company Representative

Reputations:
    Most likely a (compatibility) issue with the Kingster HyperX RAM and not related to the barebone. We also has some strange issue with Kingston HyperX in a TongFang GM5MPHY (no errors in Memtest). We replaced the memory with G.Skill Ripjaws and the issues were gone

wilpang likes this.
  2. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    The issue could be related to one faulty ram module but it is not a generic problem with the HyperX memory as I know some guys who are using it on their clevos and are happy with it.

DreDre and Spartan@HIDevolution like this.
  3. joker33

joker33 Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    I contacted my reseller. Waiting to hear back and hopefully can sort out this issue soon.

Just out of curiosity: What are your CPU idle temps with a 10900K? Would be interesting to know in context of your room temp (automatic fan setting).

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  4. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    There will be variations in machine to machine due to silicon lottery and heatsink variations.

5. electrosoft

electrosoft Perpetualist Matrixist

Reputations:
    It could be the slot(s). You should try one of the partially known good sticks (since it ran for only 4hrs) in each of the freezing/potentially faulty slots to see if you can narrow it down to one slot.

Like @Meaker@Sager mentioned earlier, it could be a pad/seating issue with the CPU.

It could be an IMC/trace issue.

Either way, right now, it looks like it is the system not the memory but the only way to completely rule that out is to try another brand of memory.

I tend to have some 2-4gb baseline modules from DDR2, DDR3, DDR4 of DIMM and SODIMM types for this types of issues. They serve no other purpose but to rule out the system being the problem.

If you have a local store that sells DDR4 SODIMMS you could pick up a set real quick to test out those two slots.

6. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    Good for forcing the memory to retrain too.

Mr. Fox and electrosoft like this.
  7. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Can anyone with a 300 hz panel please tell me what is their bios version ? Is it bios 03 ?
    Just asking because I wonder if bios 03 already have the 300 hz b173han05.1 panel already enabled so swapping the 144/240 hz panel to the 300 hz one would allow Gsync without any issues or not.

8. S.K

S.K Batch 80286

Reputations:
    Update: Since it was going to take a long time for the machine to get repaired and I have to travel next week, I've decided to return the machine while it is with HIDevolution. I'll buy it at a later time after a couple of months when I'm back. I've emailed Ted from HIDevolution and hopefully will get a positive response since the machine was returned well within 1 month of delivery as per their return policy (on the same day of delivery in this case).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  9. wilpang

wilpang Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  10. kylera

kylera Notebook Consultant

Reputations: