*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    This one is a killer for traveling. I was really hoping that 1 adapter would work fine for doing just simple web browsing and checking emails. I was really thinking this will be my next laptop, but having to carry two bricks when traveling is a showstopper.

2. Larry@LPC-Digital

Larry@LPC-Digital Company Representative

Reputations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. XMG

XMG Company Representative

Reputations:
    So for some console ports that are locked to 60fps (for example Dark Souls 1 with DSFix), it means we have to disable G-SYNC in order to avoid the 60Hz problem?

With the NVIDIA Control Panel, it should be possible to do this per-app, so you don't have to manually disable G-SYNC every time you play your 60fps games, right?

Check out this screenshot:

[​IMG]

BR,
    Tom

4. Kaelib

Kaelib Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Yah, seems like the reason people were seeing the issue with Skyrim and gsync was exactly that, locked to 60fps so 60hz with gsync. Best work around for games that lock the game to 60hz in full screen is to run it borderless windowed to keep the refresh rate high. That also means yes, on games that run 60, gsync is not really an option. It’s not a huge deal, as gsync had very diminished returns on a display this fast, and 240 divides evenly into 60 so frame pacing won’t be an issue running 240hz on a 60fps locked game.

5. Entropytwo

Entropytwo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Why does alt tab fix the problem then? Weird engine? Graphics driver dumb?

6. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Seems like a panel quality issue. The 240 hz panel was never used for Gsync the x170 is the first one.
    As we can see from the bios and software quality the x170 has good build quality but a rushed buggy software.
    Maybe the edid they made is causing issues with the panels and since all panels differ in quality it might answer why some see it more and why some see it less.

For me this bug is present is games that are not 60 fps locked too. They are present even in benchmarks.

Just like with processors maybe some panels can "handle more" from the batch and show less ghosting.

This is why I would rather wait for the 300 hz panel because they was made with Gsync in mind unlike the 240 hz and maybe was tester better.

7. Entropytwo

Entropytwo Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    One adapter is plenty, with battery saving mode you get 4hrs of idle

8. Rhino16

Rhino16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I believe Alt tab causes most games to exit full-screen mode if I remember correctly... making the game run in windowed and allowing refresh rates to stay high as said above.

9. Rhino16

Rhino16 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    But, you won’t be able to use it while charging, or remove the battery and go through the charger if I’m understanding correctly.

10. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    If only 1 adapter is connected it will charge however if you turn the laptop on then it will be disabled and the battery is used as power source.