*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    As the 230W adapters connect to the chassis directly it is nice to have a less heavy adapter when going on a trip where maximum performance won't be needed.
    With your modded bios a nice alternative would also be to take a single 330W adapter so the possible combinations of power delivery would be:

230W
    330W
    460W
    560W
    660W

The last number looks completely unrealistic with the cooling capabilities of the chassis even with a lot of help but maybe with LM, a really good cooling pad and noise cancelling headphones it will be possible to make use of the 560W combination in a climate controlled room :D

Nicolas Paiva likes this.
  2. Prema

Prema Your Freedom, Your Choice

Reputations:
    "Noise cancelling headphones" :D

Well, we will see. @Mr. Fox already managed to pull 820W on the original P870DM with dual 980s and just an overclocked 6700K during internal beta testing (of course never published those Mods).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
    DreDre, FTW_260, Papusan and 2 others like this.
  3. 1610ftw

Reputations:
    Maybe you can fill us in with a few specifics:

Will there be one or two Thunderbolt connectors?
    Will this continue to have 4 drive bays?
    I could imagine it having 3 x m2 plus 1 x 2.5" as the m2 drives do not take up that much space.

Good news about the keyboard, supposedly it is very close to the standard steelseries keyboard that is also used in the MSI GT series which I definitely prefer to the keyboard of the old P870 and P775 chassis.

4. 1610ftw

Reputations:
    In that case I take back what I wrote and I am glad to know that there will be a power brick combination that should help to accommodate @Mr. Fox :D

Mr. Fox, Papusan and Prema like this.
  5. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    LOL, reminds me of one of those diamond HDMI cables. What a sham.

Papusan, joluke and Dr. AMK like this.
  6. joluke

joluke Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Wonder if it is worth buying Eurocom's 780w adapter by then? And get said cable somewhere else?

7. Rahego

Rahego Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    I think regular user or even one that is pushing for benchmarks would not be able to use more than 660W on this thing.

About notebook, we can see that it's new sexy designee with thin frames. I bet dimensions will be something close to m51 arena. Or at least it looks like when Alex is holding it. I wouldn't mind lighter notebook than P775.

joluke likes this.
  8. Prema

Reputations:
    Stock firmware is locked at around 480W, a higher rated PSU won't allow to pull more than that.

Mr. Fox, Papusan and joluke like this.
  9. Khenglish

Khenglish Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Idk how I feel about the new design having a butt to it like the other vendors. Not having one was a unique feature.

I'm a bit confused by the radiator design. The fans are now rear and side output which if done well is a good thing, but it looks like the rear radiator is around 4x thicker. Unless the fans have a narrower output to the smaller side radiators, most air is going to flow out the small side radiators instead of the big rear ones.

10. Prema

Reputations:
    That popular design choice seems to be a side effect of the new narrow bezel screens which have all their driving tech moved to their bottom.

raz8020, Papusan and joluke like this.