*** Official Clevo X170SM-G/Sager NP9670M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. KhaineGB

KhaineGB Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Regarding Intel XTC and BIOS...

I've set the voltage to 1.175v in XTC, but if you hit the chip with a full load, then CPU-ID reports as 1.25v instead. (offsets are set to 0 so it should JUST be 1.175v).

When I had a desktop 6800K, I remember this being a problem using XTC due to LLC settings. So if that were available directly in the BIOS, it might allow us to tweak and undervolt more and save some temp.

Having said that, my 10700K is running fine at that voltage and 4.9ghz on all cores. :) Next thing I may get for this machine is a delidded 10700KF since we can't use the iGPU.

2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Eurocom Unveils Sky 27 Mobile Workstation Powered by i9-10900K and RTX 2080 SUPER
    PRESS RELEASE by Techpowerup.com | Today

In September 2020, Eurocom will launch its newest Mobile Supercomputer, the Sky Z7 Laptop. Users are able to configure up to the highly-anticipated and incredibly powerful, user-upgradeable, NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super (Non-Max Q) desktop graphics card. The laptop will be available with a choice of 10th Generation Intel CPUs up to the i9-10900K on-board CPU. Users are able to configure and re-configure the Sky Z7 with up to 128 GB of high-speed DDR4 memory and up to a whopping 13 TB of SSD storage via user-upgradeable, easy-to-access internal components. The Eurocom Sky Z7 is a Mobile Supercomputer with easy-to-access internal hardware and battery, showcasing Eurocom's commitment to provide power users on-the-go, heavy-duty laptops that are upgradeable, and reconfigurable with the most impressive hardware today and beyond.

The Eurocom Sky Z7 Mobile Supercomputer utilizes the Z490 Chipset and LGA 1200 socket technology configurable with the most powerful desktop GPUs available today, up to the supercharged NVIDIA RTX 2080 Super (Non-Max Q) desktop GPU, which boasts a whopping 3072 CUDA cores with 8 GB GDDR6 video memory and up to 1815 MHz boost clock. The RTX 2080 Super is among the most advanced and sought after desktop GPUs available today due to its unmatched performance when running AAA games and other GPU-intensive applications.

Direct link to the customization... https://eurocom.com/ec/configure(2,468,0)SkyZ7

I wonder if they have the 144HZ 4K panel at stock. Or if this is a paper release. And I love that DDR4-36000 ram specs:D
    upload_2020-8-19_11-15-6.png

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  3. Joe4zio

Joe4zio Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    the magical control center inteferes with xtu and with its own tuning mods, moreover, every time you change mode ( power saving , entertainment perf and such like) the voltage offset applied is reset and you have to re apply it every time, and reboot. This thing is a nightmare, I so do not like this

4. alexnvidia

alexnvidia Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    obsolete before launch. pity...

5. Ed. Yang

Ed. Yang Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    Although the price of base configuration is competitive to the German, it's not competitive to the Dutch @ laptopparts4less...
    https://laptopparts4less.frl/17.3in...080-Super-Comet-Lake-game-laptop-samenstellen
    ...however, gotta admit, Eurocom gives the best options of screens out there for interested buyers!

6. Henris

Henris Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Will 10600k bottleneck 2080 super? 1080p.

7. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    Listen to this post, because this is the truth about the current situation with the Premamod bios. No one has it, if it's listed by any reseller it's likely due to error.

Papusan and DreDre like this.
  8. jc_denton

jc_denton BGA? What a shame.

Reputations:
    CPU-Z is likely reading the VID and not actual vcore.

That kinda sounds like a bug, does the same happen if you were to set offsets in the bios?

electrosoft and Papusan like this.
  9. Henris

Henris Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What's the gamut in that 144hz panel? Are you pleased with it?

10. skandal

skandal Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    He has a point, the forum is kind of abandoned.
    Also, I highly doubt that this forum is an essencial part of XMG marketing....

With exotic cooling solutions that most of us wouldn't dare to touch, and most people here are fine with tinkering.

Different culture expect different approaches. But I find that most of the time the "give it to you straight" approach is just an excuse for being rude.

alaskajoel and kylera like this.