*** Official Clevo X170SM-G Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by Rahego, Jan 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Thanks for reply, I knew about the 1x Sata, however i have 2 x Sandisk X400's that i would be hoping to carry over. Not a deal breaker as i am saving up currently to get X170SM-G so its just a budget adjustment.

As for LGA and MXM, Sweet!

2. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    Bays
    2 x M.2 2280 Card with SATA 3 / PCIe Gen3x4 interface
    1 x M.2 2280 Card with PCIe Gen3x4 interface
    1 x M.2 2280 Card with SATA Interface
    RAID support (0/1/5)

3. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    Nice its a combo set then, thank you for the reply! I guess 2.5" Spinning Rust/SSD's are now dead going forward.

I take it the i5's are HT'd or are they non HT's? Very confusing since Intel changed things around.

Edit: i5 -10600K is a HT part just answered my own question.

4. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    You could always drop the 2.5" drivers into an usb enclosure, so they don't go to waste.

5. hacktrix2006

Reputations:
    2.5" Drivers are Rusty drives and needed to die anyways. I was more bothered about my M.2's as I already have NVME's and SATA M.2's which i was hoping to move across

6. Tyche_Tychon

Tyche_Tychon Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    What are the chances we see a 15 inch version of this? (X150?)

7. jc_denton

jc_denton V̖̟en̰g̻̼̰̩͙ea̲n̪c̭e̼ ͍̘̤͓̟̤Is̙͔ ̤Mi̻̭̣͎͍ͅn̰ḙ

Reputations:
    Why

Spartan likes this.
  8. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    It’s already similar in size to my P750 due to the slim bezel design. Clevo doesn’t have an Intel-based DTR this gen in 15”, just the NH5xAx AMD Ryzen based model.

9. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    True, but having all the single threaded performance multithreaded combined will really put intel in their place.

raz8020 and joluke like this.
  10. Papusan

Papusan JOKEBOOKs Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on FILTHY

Reputations:
    More Fun/Mess from Intel...

PSA: There are Two Steppings of Non-K 10th Gen Core i5 in Circulation, Only One Comes with STIM Techpowerup.com | Today, 17:29
    [​IMG]
    There are apparently two steppings of the 10th generation Intel Core i5 desktop processor in circulation, and the two have major physical differences, even if their specifications are identical per SKU. These are Q0 and G1. The Q0 stepping of the 10th gen Core i5 is based on the 10-core variant of "Comet Lake-S" silicon, the 200-odd mm² die, which comes with Intel's die-thinning innovation, and more importantly, soldered thermal interface material (STIM). For these chips, four cores on the 10-core die are disabled by Intel to carve out the 6-core/12-thread Core i5 SKU. The G1 stepping, on the other hand, is based on the 6-core variant of "Comet Lake-S," which is similar in design to the 6-core "Coffee Lake" die. The G1-stepping chips lack STIM, and use a thermal paste.

What's more, Q0 and G1 steppings have different SPEC codes. For the Core i5-10400F, the Q0 stepping variant's SPEC code is "SRH79" and the G1 stepping variant's code is "SRH3D." The underside of the processor's package looks different between the two steppings (pictured below). You won't be able to tell the underside of the package through the little window in your processor's retail package, but the SPEC code is printed on the IHS. There's no geographic marker as to which stepping is found in what particular market. Both steppings appear to be distributed uniformly, wherever available. Since Intel is using this stepping-level differentiation only among non-K SKUs, we don't expect the two to have any different performance, but possibly different thermals.

While AMD tune their current processor line for more performance...

Update #2: AMD Ryzen 3900XT, 3800XT, and 3600XT (+Clock speeds +benchmarks) By Hilbert Hagedoorn on: 05/27/2020 12:59 PM
    [​IMG]
    It is still a rumor and should be treated as that, but AMD might be introducing XT versions of some of their processors in the Ryzen 3000 product family. There's been some chatter about a refresh in the line for a while now, in the June timeframe for an announcement...

DaMafiaGamer, joluke and raz8020 like this.