*** Official Clevo X170KM-G/Sager NP9672M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by win32asmguy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Strange I am using the M.2 slot in my x170km for the PCI-E 4 and two slots of m.2 (bottom set) for sata without issue.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Scuba Steve likes this.
  2. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is good to hear, I hope this is the case for mine. I mean a 2TB drive should be fine for my pcie 4 but I have older drives i wouldnt mind tossing in if they work. Might only be the case because its sata. Wonder what happens if you toss in another nvme drive in there.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    hacktrix2006 likes this.
  3. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    What a serious design limitation.

4. rtrainer

rtrainer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
  5. win32asmguy

win32asmguy Moderator Moderator

Reputations:
    Multiple NVMe drives are supported at the same time. The only limitations are the Gen4 slot only works if you have a Rocket Lake CPU which has an extra 4 PCIe lanes wired directly to that slot from the CPU. The rest of the M.2 slots are connected to the PCH, limited to Gen3x4 each. Of those three slots, two can also accept M.2 SATA drives. The third slot also support an Intel Optane drive.

Attached is a photo of HWInfo64 with a 2TB SN850, 2TB 970 Evo Plus and 1TB 970 Evo operating at the same time. I do not have a fourth M.2 drive lying around or I would have installed it as well. Let me know if you have any other questions.

upload_2021-5-17_9-8-36.png

bca009, raz8020, electrosoft and 5 others like this.
  6. rtrainer

rtrainer Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    What CL memory are you using? Does it matter if I am not doing gaming. Mostly development, SQL, running VMs and occasionally editing videos

Last edited: May 17, 2021
  7. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    This is excellent feedback. Thanks for the picture backing it up. Those are the same drives I was planning to use. I got the 2TB SN850 to go into the PCIe 4 port so I can get those insane speeds (Not that Ill use them lol) and then fill the other ports with my older samsung 970 evos. Im really looking forward to getting all my components in to assemble everything. Its going to blow my current old GTX970m laptop out of the water! I travel a lot for work and I love gaming. Recently Ive been traveling with a ps4 and my laptop. It gets cumbersome. Cant wait to go back to just a laptop.

8. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    The total bandwidth of the chipset is the same as the x4 PCI-E 4.0 so that will be the cap of that storage.

9. Alex Zander

Alex Zander Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    I'm running the latest version of XTU (from May 12 2021). Stock bios on the X170KM-g (obviously, since we don't have the Prema mod yet)

These are the sticks I have slotted x2: https://www.gskill.com/product/2/197/1594018932/F4-3200C22S-32GRS-Overview.
    The specs clearly state the ram supports XMP 2.0, but no ram tweaking options show up in XTU. I believe Clamibot is correct when they said the stock BIOS doesn't support XMP. CPU-Z also doesn't an detect an SPD so it's not XTU at fault, most likely the bios. Have to wait and pray Prema works their magic

raz8020, Papusan, E.T.de and 2 others like this.
  10. bca009

bca009 Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    Good information