*** Official Clevo X170KM-G/Sager NP9672M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by win32asmguy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    That slot won't work at all with a 10th gen.

2. DRevan

DRevan Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Nice, thank you for checking ! I had an x170sm, however the corona effect was so bad in some games that I had to send it back and unfortunately there was no way to disable the lcd overdrive because it was enabled on the bios level and Clevo never officially acknowledged this problem because most users just accepted this issue and retailers did not care to spam Clevo about this problem either.
    In the past Clevo did a similar thing and if I remember correctly the p775dm3-g had lcd overdrive enabled (which caused an even worse overshoot then the one in the x170sm) however they disabled it in the later released p775tm1-g.
    I am hoping they did the same thing and disabled it in the x170km-g. The 300 hz panel alone is fast, no need for lcd overdrive cheating which causes corona effect/overshoot.

3. atquantrandash93

atquantrandash93 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Hi guys,

I'm leaning hard towards the X170KM-G with the i9-10900K (EVOC) or the i9-10850K (LPC-Digital), 3070, 32GB RAM, and 1TB NVMe SSD. I hope you guys can clear a few things up for me.

1) As far as I read, Prema has not released a BIOS for the KM-G. Is this correct? Also, are there any major shortcomings without Prema BIOS, no offense clearly?

2) Are LPC-Digital and HID still Prema partners? Also I've been reading that ztecPC is a Prema partner, and Donald is now working there, instead of HID. Is this correct?

Thanks guys!

4. Donald@Paladin44

Donald@Paladin44 Retired

Reputations:
    First ? in 1) answer is yes. I will leave Second ? to X170 owners.

2) Second ? answer is yes...dat's me, and zTecpc is a Prema Partner

dmanti, raz8020, DreDre and 3 others like this.
  5. Clamibot

Clamibot Notebook Deity

Reputations:
    1) This is correct. It looks like he's currently working on a BIOS for the KM-G but has not released it yet. His BIOS is basically the cherry on top for the laptop. If you don't care about tweaking every little thing about your laptop, you'll be fine without it, but his BIOS does increase performance by a little.

2) HIDEvolution is still a Prema partner, but I don't know about LPC-Digital. Also, zTecpc is indeed a Prema partner and Donald does indeed work there now.

1610ftw, raz8020, DreDre and 2 others like this.
  6. atquantrandash93

atquantrandash93 Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Clamibot likes this.
  7. Eddy99

Eddy99 Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Hello.ViktorV. they wrote to me on another forum that you can help with the purchase of a case for a laptop 870 tm. How can I write in private on this forum?

8. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    So I am stuck now with a measly 3 x m2 slots and that's it? I cannot even remember when was the last time that I had a laptop that only holds three drives.
    In any case it is a ****ty thing to do, I should not have to get a stupid 11th generation Intel CPU to be able to use all the m2 slots in my laptop.

9. MD9787

MD9787 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Got it. Just unable to send you a message ;-)

10. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    Edited:

So with 11 Gen all m2 ports will work? , they still support SATA on them?

As for 10 Gen CPU's surely it would revert back to how the X170SM-G was with one M.2 port being just SATA.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021