*** Official Clevo X170KM-G/Sager NP9672M Owner's Lounge ***

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by win32asmguy, Mar 23, 2021.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    You mean if we ask for a laptop that's like 50lbs in weight we'd get it? I mean like a super super THICC laptop the thickness of a triple slot GPU with a nice magnesium sub frame.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Papusan likes this.
  2. Papusan

Papusan Jokebook's Sucks! Dont waste your $$$ on Filthy

Reputations:
    Not exactly that. Nvidia have killed Sli support as you know:D And too powerful cards would destroy for the OEMs. And in the end will hit back on Nvidia. But come with 200w cards with same die as the desktop counterparts is a good beginning. And of course offer good enough cooling for the total power consumption and not 340w Unified heatsink too handle +-450W heat. You just don't use cooling from a Mini Cooper and re-use it in a big truck.

Btw. @Prema out with bench roundup https://www.3dmark.com/fs/25257580
    upload_2021-3-31_2-7-13.png

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  3. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Hold My Vodka, I going to kill my GPU

Reputations:
    What's Prema doing running the laptop in a freezer? 35c with a 3080 in a laptop dammmmmmmmmm!
    Nice work @Prema

Hopefully a 3070 and i5 should be tamed easy enough with the cooling at stock.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

4. Zill

Zill Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Yeah man, I'll let you know my findings, in fact I chose the i5-11600k partly to start with a lower thermally hungry CPU so that I could have a chance to actually overclock it even a little. Regarding the 3070 I simply couldn't stretch to the 3080 pricing wise and btw I understand we can't cool parts that have crazy TDPs but my point is the 3070 could very well also have 150W + 15W Dynamic Boost but Nvidia wants to create bigger gaps between there GPUs so only gave the 3070 125W +15W DB... That's what gets me, the X170 Is a giant laptop more than capable to cool a 150W GPU.

Now, I hope they'll be some tiny headroom left to get that 11600k a little overclock, would love an all core @ 5ghz but not expecting nowhere near that lol ;)

Thank you for explaining the situation with the Prema Bios, I had no idea some dick stole his work, I guess I'll still try and ask him see if he agrees if I throw him a bit of cash.

Only a few days before the beast arrives, can't wait, been a long time since I had a 17 incher, this thing has a 300hz Gsync panel too, looking forward to those fast pixels :)

Peace folks !

5. Kana Chan

Kana Chan Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:

Couldn't one just use a guitar pick to cut the adhesive and then use a heat gun+something to lift the IHS? Or Flip it upside down and let it drop? That device holds the PCB in place.

Attached Files:

6. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    You should be good with that CPU and have relatively few problems with power limits.

Issues mainly arise when you have two power hungry components fighting for resources like an 8 or 10 core CPU with a 2080 or 3080.

I hope you got faster RAM as without the Prema bios you will probably be stuck with whatever speed your RAM has in stock condition.

Mister-Knister likes this.
  7. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Notebook Geek

Reputations:
    The more I read about this, I am starting to sway from wanting to buy the MSI GE76 to this model from Sager.

DaMafiaGamer and Clamibot like this.
  8. 1610ftw

1610ftw Notebook Evangelist

Reputations:
    The concept of a unified heatsink is quite brilliant but what we need is a higher capacity version. I'd say that even going up to 400W would help a lot with current hardware but then what will likely happen is that everybody will be semi-happy with what we have. That is unless Nvidia comes out with a really big surprise in the form of a mobile 3080(TI) based card that has a substantially higher TDP - I hope they'll have the guts to do it!

Creeping up I see on its maxed out predecessor - only a matter of time until @Prema will have obliterated the 30000 barrier :D

9. Duck W

Duck W Notebook Consultant

Reputations:
    Is it a new MXM form? Can it fit to older models like the P870 and P750?

10. yrekabakery

yrekabakery Notebook Virtuoso

Reputations:
    Not without a custom heatsink. There are a lot of changes to the PCB layout and X-bracket.