Official Clevo W650KL / W650KJ1 / W650KK1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Mar 11, 2017.

1. blacklord049

blacklord049 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Can't find QVL so ... compatible or not, or... maybe? :)
    https://www.amazon.fr/G-Skill-F4-2133C15D-16GRS-Mémoire-RAM-2133/dp/B017UC3O5I/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1548872353&sr=8-7&keywords=so-dimm+2133

I'd like to extend to 16 GB some day but the current Crucial memory installed isn't available anymore ( Part Number: CT8G4SFD8213.C16FBD1 ). In fact I need only 1 stick of this one but I think it would be nice to upgrade with a newer kit.

(note : never found a newer BIOS and SHS is not providing those)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. Meaker@Sager

Meaker@Sager Company Representative

Reputations:
    So long as the memory is the same speed and CL latency it should slot in with the existing stick, some sub timings might loosen a bit but you wont notice the performance difference.

3. ChrisSky

ChrisSky Notebook Guru

Reputations:
    Which bios do i need to flash and how do i get them ?

4. Whoflungdung

Whoflungdung Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Yea ok not a bad notebook.Wish i had bought the one without gpu.All i seem to do anymore is mod and tinker.This notebook and for any other with nvme slot is capable of running an external gpu for about 20 bucks if you dont mind leaving it on your desktop.Forget whitelist and all that crap.If your willing to sacrafice your pcie nvme slot then it will run with a straight cable.Buy a sheilded one if you see any corruption.there about 35 bucks.And also if you have flashed a bios before and feel ok about it.Flash this ***** to run a 8th or 9th gen.I run an external 280x that runs a little better than the supplied soldered gpu I.E. wish i bought the non gpu one.Put at least ddr4 2400 in it> BOOOOOOOOOm you can beat most desktops.With same hardware.Any one wanna see proof send me a 1080ti.Otherwise check benchmarks for me.https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15628323

jl1728 likes this.
  5. Whoflungdung

Reputations:

6. Whoflungdung

Reputations:
    Ihave 2 dif 2400 sticks in mine compatibility is weird but works for me.I stuck 2 dif speeds in and it went from slowest to the higher weirding.

7. jl1728

jl1728 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    I've actually wondered if an external gpu would work with this. There are two nvme slots, can you still use one while the external gpu is plugged in the other? Thanks for posting this, and your benchmarks as well. Both are very helpful.

8. Whoflungdung

Reputations:
    Of course i do if you read the benchmark.You see one scoring high. that would be the lesser one> yea any notebook.If notebook builders were not such tight asses there would be an external 16x 3.0 slot.Look at the manual if you still have it.one slot is nvme x 4 3.0. 32gbs baby.Get a 32 gbs cable to do it : .) this long time ago non published but i beat people down old days gaming https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/14769647

jl1728 likes this.
  9. Whoflungdung

Reputations:
    LOL i think youve seen some of my bechmark your right behind me in userbenchmark now u got it go baby

10. Whoflungdung

Reputations:
    Aww my likes went down oh well sry.Im sry if i let the cat outta the bag if you can buy a 300 dollar laptop and kill a 20000 laptop.i have all respect for lapyop makers an sellers but i still feel the need to laet u all know there is room in a laptop for a pcie 3.0> i know that ur gen 3 mobiles are great but there is no way to lock out pcie.For the life of me before you loose to much to gamers put an external gpu 3.0 or loose to x4 in crossfire or whatever they di at nvidia you will win> or let me tear you all a knew one with my next 1080.You can also run cross fire in laptops today> try to losck that down been done for 20 yrs.thx thats my rant

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019