Official Clevo W650KL / W650KJ1 / W650KK1 Owner's Lounge

Discussion in 'Sager/Clevo Reviews & Owners' Lounges' started by sicily428, Mar 11, 2017.

1. jl1728

jl1728 Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    If you've got the cash, i'd get that one. I have a W650KK1 but I bought mine a year ago. The real bottleneck in these is the 1050ti. Just something to consider..

2. ChrisSky

ChrisSky Notebook Enthusiast

Reputations:
    Wait so that what cover the vent???
    Also can i use the link of the bios that sound interesting since you still use kabylake cpu

3. jl1728

Reputations:
    http://forum.notebookreview.com/thr...kylake-kabylake-clevo-lga1151-laptops.821694/

Flip your laptop over and find the vent over the gpu, it will be on the side opposite of the power jack. They usually place an adhesive sheet of plastic over the vents to keep dust or grit getting in there (or to keep your lap from getting burnt?) Easiest way to see if you've got that sheet on there is to remove the bottom panel. They might have removed it on yours, but on mine it was still there. Peeling it off dropped my temps by at least 10C.

4. jl1728

Reputations:
    If you do flash your bios, just read the directions. Read them. And then read them again. Don't rush it once you run the program and then freak out and try to reboot in the middle. I literally sat there with my hands under my ass so I wouldn't panic and f**k it up.

5. jl1728

Reputations:
    Also, if you are putting a Kaby Lake processor in, you don't need to tape the processor pins. That's only for Coffee Lake processors. Sorry for all these replies.

6. jl1728

Reputations:
    Also, installing that modified BIOS will probably void your Eluktronics warranty. They are a great company to work with, though. But I doubt they'd take back something with a non-OEM BIOS.

7. ChrisSky

Reputations:
    Yeah about the ‘plastic’ sheet thing...its not a plastic,its a copper sheet but question is why they cover vent for???(you know you can use mesh to prevent dust right?)

8. jl1728

Reputations:
    Mine definitely seemed like plastic. Perhaps it was coated copper? Mine was matte black, felt like really thick mylar. Yeah, I agree about the mesh and dust though. I just yanked it off, helped with airflow immensely. The cpu is also 50% covered. They have vents, and half of one side is covered. I can appreciate the manufacturer not wanting users to get junk/debris sucked up in to the fans but part of me just wants to dremel it out to increase airflow.

9. ChrisSky

Reputations:
    Yeah inside it was copper thin plate then they coated it to black also mesh can be airflow while prevent dust.About nb50tk1 that a good opinion tho but i already plan to buy a p870dm3

jl1728 likes this.
  10. jl1728

Reputations:
    Nice. That does look like the good one to grab. Lots of options.